Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Blogger's New Post Editor



I love it.


I love the fact that it allows vertical resizing of the work area so I no longer have to scroll up and down and up and down and up and down whenever I'm writing a post. I just have to drag the resize handle at the lower right corner and my window's size follows suit. Best part is, I only have to do this ONCE cos the size is saved online based on a per-user, per-blog preference.


I love the new toolbar. It's a lot more comprehensive and they've finally added undo and redo buttons. Also, I'm loving the fact that there's now a strike-through button so I no longer have to code it in manually. Colour palettes are looking good, too. The shades work perfectly with my new template. Not as well with my old one but... that's no longer a problem for me now, is it? Haha.


I love how easy it is to change hyperlinks now. (This applies to Compose Mode only.) All I need to do is click on the linked text and a box pops up. That box allows me to view, change and remove the URL, even if it's an email address. It's so, so very simple! No more moving back and forth from Edit HTML to Compose just to see the link. It's perfect!


I love the revised image handling format best. Now, I get to upload multiple files at once (same style as Facebook) and they don't just appear in the post all at once after uploading. Instead, I get to select and place individual pictures exactly where I want to. This works so much better than the old format that just dumps all the uploaded images right at the top of the post all at once. Better still, I get to pick old pictures from my previous posts so I don't have to upload them again or look through my old posts for the codes if I want to have them appear on a new post. I also get to resize and drag-and-drop images with the new image size "bubble." No more messing with codes. I love it!


Click here to view the post those images appeared on.


See? So nice! I love it, I love it, I love it!


The other new functions didn't resonate with me quite as much so I'm gonna stop here. Go read up on it yourself if you want to know what else is new with the New Post Editor. I'll be nice and leave you a link. *click* If you're game and just wanna enable the New Post Editor on your Blogger account, do this:

Go to Settings > Basic > Global Settings > Select Post Editor and select Updated Editor – the first of the three options available. Once you're done with that, make sure you click Save.

That's it! You're done! Now, stop reading blogs
and go have fun with your new post editor. =)

13 comments :

Unknown said...

By the way, how do you set the Post a Comment sentences?
"I've had my say. Now, you get yours. =)"

And Comment As:

Just wondering where can I do the setting.

In fact, if you are using Firefox, consider this blog editor: http://www.scribefire.com/

Everything is there for you as well. So, you do not need to login to Blogger and start blogging tho. heh.

Stefanie said...

Hello! This is my first time here, guess what? I like it. You blogged a lot and I think they're interesting to read. :) Well, thanks for sharing this post too.

Good day.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Boon
– Oh it's really simple! Follow these steps: Go to Settings > Comments > Comment Form Message, then just fill up the text box with whatever you want our comment form to say. =)

And thanks for your suggestion to go with scribefire. I'll go check it out! =)


ATTN: Stefanie
– Hi there! Glad you like Tinki Talks. Haha. Yeah, I tend to update often. Verbal diarrhoea, I suppose. Haha. Thanks for stopping by. You have a good day, too. =)

Unknown said...

Thanks Pam!
I just did that on both of my blog!

happier and ever!
Weird, I still cannot get the share link out even though I had it ticked! =(

Unknown said...

Oh yea... I really love this theme of yours..

Especially the bottom one which include the introduction. How do I get it tho?

And the Tinki Reads , DGMB layout is pretty neat. =)

Simple, neat and niche. Kakaka

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Boon
– Haha. Great! I'm glad it all worked out for you. =)

You can get the share link out as long as you're not working with the old template. If it's a new template, you can. But don't worry. A LOT of ppl all over the world complained about it already. I looked it up when I was trying to get mine to work also. Haha.

As for the bottom part that has the intro, you'll need to add it at the footer of your page. I uploaded the pictures via a regular post, then I copied the links into my sidebar. After that, I went into my HTML editor to look for the codes and pulled them out and placed them after my footer codes. Haha. A bit confusing hor? I dunno how else to explain it already. Cos it was all based on trial and error. Good to know you noticed it though. Haha. At least my hard work didn't go to waste. =)

Unknown said...

Oh! I understand thou I'm not a web designer! ha!

So you place after /footer, right?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Boon
– Haha. Yup. All the best with that! Just make sure you save your template before you start tweaking it. Just in case things go wrong. =p

Unknown said...

Damn.. I finally found something that is better.
Share with ya:

http://www.facebook.com/share/

http://twitter.com/goodies/tweetbutton

Jaerragus said...

Yepp they're really better compared to the old version... but I think u can till choose to use the old one...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Boon
- Ooo... Nice. Plus with counter. But a little too different looking so they don't really work with my template. It may work with yours though! Do it!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jaerragus
- Oh yes yes you definitely can. At least for now before they phase it out. But I actually manually chose to turn the new editor on. Haha. So I shan't be going back to the old one anymore. =)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: andrea chiu
- No prob! Pleasure is all mine.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!