Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Love, Airports & Immigration

Today's post is the result of a post I found
on a friend's blog, of a post I wrote a week ago. =)


Sorry, can't link back to this specific post
cos the blog doesn't allow Post Pages. =(



In that post, Carmen (that's her name) breaks down my paragraphs in Dear John and reminisces her way through the joys and struggles her own long distance relationship has brought her way. Sigh. It sucks that she's going through it. But I'm embarrassed to say that I'm also selfishly comforted by the fact that The Fiancé and I weren't alone in that hell hole.


It is a lonely place, that LDR hole, I tell ya. And sustaining a relationship with a person who's never around is a hell of a lot tougher than doing it with somebody who's always just a drive away. You same-state lovers don't know just how good you've got it. You squander precious moments together on trivial bickering and childish games of emotional tug of war. Tsk tsk.


Just yesterday night, The Fiancé and I saw a girl crying her eyes out in an alley in the city. She didn't look very pleased with her boyfriend – not sad, mind you, just displeased – and the poor boy was desperately trying to calm her down with soft pets to the head. Haha. After awhile, he drew her in for a hug and she just stood there like a log in his embrace.


*rolls eyes*

Space and Time, they make a difference.
And hugs trump Skype calls any day.

Silly girl doesn't know how good she's got it.

*shakes head*

ANYWAY...



-------------


Dear Carmen,

Thank you for your kind wish. I wish the very same thing
for you and your mister! Long distance isn't easy but hey,
may you find your fairytale ending in time to come. =)

 XOXO,
Pam Song


p/s: I believe my horrible airport experiences
and transit blooper stories can rival yours. =p

6 comments :

Lissa said...

*sighs* I'm gonna go down that road too... thankfully, he's not that far away.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Don't worry. Penang-KL isn't all that bad. =)

estherlauderlyn said...

I'm resonating with this post. :/

Pam Song said...

ATTN: estherlauderlyn
– Yep, those who've never been there will never get just how tough it really is to keep a relationship alive when the hims and hers in the equation are not rightly put together.

Here's a pat on the back, babe. You're doing good. =)

Lissa said...

Yeah. :) And work will keep me and my mind busy.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
- Ooo yes yes. Idle mind, devil's workshop. It's true in this respect.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!