Saturday, June 23, 2007

It Doesn't Get Any Bigger Than This

Typically, I'm the kind of girl
who likes things small, cute and dainty.


I'm all for the baby-sized stuff they've got in the market. Really. I'm a sucker for tiny things. Miniature, microscopic – you name it, I like it. The smaller, the more intricate, the better. Pint-sized stuff just rolls well with SEEMINGLY small-ER sized people like me. (I'm actually not that small in size. It's an optical illusion. I'm not kiddin' ya. It's true!)


But when it comes to my food,
BIG is the only way to go.




That was a cheese-ham-vege bun I had
for my pre-dinner meal last Monday.

It's bigger than the size of my friggin' face, yo!
How cool is that!?


And it was real heavy, too. Seriously. It seemed to feel like it was slightly heavier in weight than the small packets of rice I buy. You know, the 1 or 2kg (I can't remember exactly) stuff they sell at hypermarkets or mini marts? Pretty cool stuff, huh? You guys should definitely try it. It's sold at this bakery in Shangri-La, KL. 50% off after 6pm summore. =)


Ooo! And wait! That ain't it!
Let me share today's find with you.

TADA!




Now THESE are what we call GIANT BANANAS!


Ladies and gentlemen, that's a whole meal right there for ya. No need for rice or side dishes. One of these bananas and you're set. As you can see, their lengths are already much longer than the distance from my forehead to chin. Almost double, in fact. Those things can KILL, I tell you! They almost look like kiddie baseball bats for crying out loud.


*blink blink*

They're HUUUGGEEEE!
I still can't believe how huge.

Haha.


I guess some farmer decided to be REALLY generous with the fertiliser. (Or he probably just didn't know that his kid and pet dog frequently had let's-see-whose-pee-shoots-further competitions all over his crop when he wasn't on the lookout.)


*grin*

Yuck. I know.

But what the heck, life's more fun when food
comes in large amounts so I'm not complaining.

12 comments :

Anonymous said...

'Chap Fan' she blogged,
'Roti' She blogged,
Bananas she blogged,
What else she doesnt blogs? =P

Pam Song said...

Haha. Versatile ma. And anyways, it's food. I'm being a true Penangnite. =)

Anonymous said...

the banana is called pisang gading lah .. it is memang that big one .. and i've finish one b4 ... not for the small stomach ones ... stuffed kau kau

Pam Song said...

Whoa. You know!? Goodness! You're scary. Haha. I wanna try, too! When you come back we each have one ok? Haha.

Anonymous said...

hahahaha.. i memang no problem .. o can or not first ?? jangan afterwards ask me to finish ur portion.. i die lah

Pam Song said...

Haha. Sure can finish lah. You know how I eat, right?

Anonymous said...

hahahaha ..true true .. at least the banana has not leaf ke ..stalk ke .. hehehehe ...

Pam Song said...

I wonder how big the tree is. I mean, if the fruit's this size,... hmmm. The tree leh?

Anonymous said...

hahhahaha .. the tree should be same as any other banana tree i guess .. just the fruit bigger onli

Pam Song said...

Ya meh? Sure the banana tree suffer if still same size but the fruit so much bigger and heavier. Kasihan only. What happened to the notion of proportion?

Anonymous said...

well .. u should tell that to all those with boob jobs and lollipop like models hehehe

Pam Song said...

HAHA. Now I know what Zecount constantly thinks about. Tsk tsk. Be ashamed.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!