Friday, June 22, 2007

Catch Me, Hold Me, Love Me

This has got to be the most painful music video ever.


I found it when I was YouTube-ing for my post entitled "When You're Gone". Stumbled upon it, actually. To be honest, I'm not one for homemade videos that leech on great tunes. I think that they somehow fail to bring out the best in the song and it totally ruins my impression and messes up my fond memories in relation to the track. Sticking by the real stuff (OFFICIAL Music Videos – the kind that's aired on MTV and Channel V) is by far safer.


But I watched this one. Right to the end.
I still don't know why I did that,
but I'm real glad I did.

And now I share that experience with you.

[WARNING: Painful ending ahead.]





But you don't get how painful exactly.
Not till you reach the end. Sigh.


You know what, I've got this insane obsession with the image of a woman running away in tears and a man chasing after her. He catches up, reaches out to her and pulls her into his arms. She struggles... but just for an instant. And then she gives in, buries her face in his sweatshirt and let's her tears flow. Sigh. How painfully romantic. Go back to 00:41 on the YouTube timer and watch The Run Away scene to see exactly what I'm talking about.


Right? Romantic kau kau, right?

Just agree lah, okay?
It makes both our lives so much easier
when I don't have to explain myself
over and over or persuade.

*grin*


I don't know why but I just think that it's soooo romantic. It's almost like those Hindi movies where they run into the distance or start chasing each other in the gardens. Just that this was a whole lot more tastefully done. Haha. And of course, the characters are less shapely and are a hell of a lot fairer. =p


I think I've watched this in real life before. Just once or twice when couples end up fighting in public. I think the first time was at Gurney Plaza, Penang AND THE GUY WAS AN OLD FRIEND OF MINE! Haha. He didn't know that everybody in my car was watching, though. Too bad. And if I'm not mistaken, the second time was in KL. But it wasn't as dramatic so I don't quite remember the details. Snore.


*frowns*

I want to run, too!

*looks around*

Haih. Fed up.


You know, I was thinking about the ending and... that really isn't the way to live a happy and fulfilled life. A lifetime of togetherness with someone other than the one you've shared your best times with?


No way!


But how do you decide on who to be with in the end? What are the factors involved in the decision-making? Sometimes, the person who makes you happiest isn't exactly the one who's "the best" for you. What happens then? Do you go with the one who makes you happiest, or do you go with the one who'd give you the life others deem is best for you? Or do you just throw it all away, ditch them both and go wherever life takes you in love?


Sigh.

Love is nowhere near easy, innit?

I need to think.


I may get back to you later with an answer... someday. But then again, I may not. It really depends. We'll see, eh?

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

love doesnt last long when there is no appreciation at all... so it is vital to appreciate the special person right in front of our very own eyes before it is too late....

You will know exactly where your heart belongs to and nobody knows it better than you do... good luck my fren!cheers =)

supersara said...

oh noooo. i felt it =(

Pam Song said...

ATTN: adrian
– You said it. Appreciation is the reward for loving another. I've been meaning to post that for awhile now. Just never found the time to finish that post. I'll be it'll be a long one.


ATTN: supersara
– Uh... Felt it? Felt what? That you wanna run, too? How bout we take turns? I run, you catch. You run, I catch. Set?

supersara said...

omg pam is EEEMMMOOO.

i've been baking.=)

Pam Song said...

Haha. Why wouldn't I be? The song is so emo-fi-able!!!

I wanna bake, too! Then we can burn cookies together-gether. =)

Post a Comment

Talk to me!