Friday, June 22, 2007

Hardware Stores Rock!

Haha.

Yes yes, they do.


I've always had a thing about them. They're very much like pharmacies and hypermarkets. There are just so so very many things there that strike my fancy. Sure, I may not come out with anything substantial in my shopping bag but I'd have thrilled myself for a good hour or so. And to me, that's time well spent indeed.


The highlight of my most recent visit was a rock.

A FAKE rock.

*cough*

A very FAKE-looking fake rock.

Ladies and laddies, meet the Key Hider.




And that, my friends, is the perfect example
of a fancy name for a pretty much useless invention.

Looks like a spastic frog to me.

And check out the price tag on this one.




Come on lah. Who in their right mind would spend RM27.90 for a fake-looking fake rock? And to be honest, this was the most realistic-looking one hanging on the shelves already. Honest! There was another that was super-duper-uber-ultra fake. The colour's all off and the shape's just weird. You can see an inch of it in the picture above, actually. I might as well have just pasted a sign that said...


"Fake rock with house keys
placed to the right of gate.
Please rob us. Thank you."


But really. RM27.90? Puh-leeze. Real rocks would do the trick if you were really into this hide-here-hide-there concept also la, right? Just put the key under a rock and step on it a couple of times. You'd have saved yourself RM27.90 (that's three whole McDonald's Value Meals and a McFlurry) AND given one leg some much-needed exercise. One word of advice, though. Use alternate legs. You know, so that the muscles on both sides grow equally.


Yes. I'm brilliant. I know.

*smug smile*

But... I'm into diplomacy, too.


If you really want to spend good money on stuff like this, go ahead. I'll even leave you the necessary information you may need prior to making a purchase.


Note: They said it looks "like the real thing!"
Well, it doesn't. But you don't have to take
my word for it if you don't want to.



Now, enough about that rock.
Let's get to the product I liked best!




*jumps in excitement*


So cool, right? I'll definitely get me one of these some day. I just need to find a cooler door to paste it on. And it's so cheap! Only RM1.60. Who needs a fake rock to deter robbers from entering homes? Pfft. Not me! No, sir! I'll have a good ol' NO ENTRY pasted right there for all robbers to see. It'll do the job just fine for only 5.73% the cost.


*grin*

Yep yep, I had a lot of fun in there.
Hardware stores rock. No pun intended. =)

8 comments :

Anonymous said...

So they selling pasar malam goods at 'proper' shops now are they?

Pam Song said...

Pasar malam goods at really high prices!

Unknown said...

Hey, I like hardware shop too! You'll learn a lot there.

Anonymous said...

Smart...3 McD meals worth more than that plastic 'frog'....very fake and doesnt resembles rock at all.

But if you put up the no entry sign...haha...that wouldnt help either if the burglar is furious....=P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Samantha
– Haha. It's cool, no? Which Samantha is this?


ATTN: adrian
– Haha. The NO ENTRY sign thingy was for kicks la. Haha. You think I siao meh? And ya lor. The rock was super lame lah. Dunno how they can even market products like that.

Unknown said...

Wa ha ha! This samantha is a big fan of yours. I have been reading your blog and enjoyed it so much. I think you truly have great talent and potential as a writer. And which was why we offered you the copywriting post, which you already have rejected long time ago. (sob sob, I was so so disappointed!) It's that Samantha lah.

Unknown said...

And yes, it's cool to browse thru hardware shop! :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Samantha
– Wow! I can't believe you're here! What an honour! Haha. You just made my day. Totally! =)

And thanks for your compliments. I really appreciate them. At least I don't write in vain.

Maybe we'll have the opportunity to meet again someday. Who knows, eh? I'm counting on it, actually. After all, the industry isn't THAT big. Anyway, you have my contact and I have yours. =)

Post a Comment

Talk to me!