Thursday, June 21, 2007

When You're Gone

Artist: Avril Lavigne
Song Title: When You're Gone

I always needed time on my own
I never thought I'd need you there when I cry
And the days feel like years when I'm alone
And the bed where you lie is made up on your side

When you walk away I count the steps that you take
Do you see how much I need you right now?

[CHORUS]
When you're gone
The pieces of my heart are missing you
When you're gone
The face I came to know is missing too
When you're gone
The words I need to hear to always get me through the day
And make it OK
I miss you

I've never felt this way before
Everything that I do reminds me of you
And the clothes you left, they lie on the floor
And they smell just like you, I love the things that you do

When you walk away I count the steps that you take
Do you see how much I need you right now?

[CHORUS]
When you're gone
The pieces of my heart are missing you
When you're gone
The face I came to know is missing too
When you're gone
The words I need to hear to always get me through the day
And make it OK
I miss you

[BRIDGE]
We were made for each other, out here forever
I know we were (Yeah, yeah)
All I ever wanted was for you to know
Everything I do I give my heart and soul
I can hardly breathe I need to feel you here with me (Yeah)

[CHORUS]
When you're gone
The pieces of my heart are missing you
When you're gone
The face I came to know is missing too
When you're gone
The words I need to hear will always get me through the day
And make it OK
I miss you


I'm insanely in love with this song.


I know, it's been awhile since I last posted a song. Haven't really had the time to mull over songs much. Download, yes. Listen, yes. Mull, no. Except for this particular track. Been meaning to post this one up for awhile now but just never got down to finishing the post. It's been lying all draft-like for the longest time. Well, time for this post to see the light of day.


I don't know how Avril does it but somehow, she just manages to capture the littlest things that make us miss the people we hold dear to us. It's in her lyrics. They encapsulate and express the 'Missing You' so perfectly... with such simplicity.


When we realise that our tears fall and we've no one
who cares enough to wipe them away for us.

----------

When somehow, days feel like years
when we're not with who we really want to be with.

----------

When we wake up and realise that
the other side of the bed still hasn't been slept in.

----------

When everything we do reminds us of the one we miss
and how we love the things that they do.

----------

When we smell worn clothes just to inhale the scent
of someone absent or how we just delay throwing clothes
into the washer in a desperate attempt to preserve their smell.


My play count has reached the thousands but I still haven't had enough. It's one of those songs that just put me in a place. My mind is brought to a space that just stretches with each repeat. It's like a sedative that tranquilizes my emotions and keeps it locked in that expanse. Much like a narcotic that's just a step away from being depressive, but is oddly calming at the same time.


It's so very sad. Maybe cos it's drowned in so much emotion. So much pain; so much heartache; so much emotional anguish. All that and more... that's oddly driven by so much love. Yes, love. The roller coaster of emotions has to have stemmed from having had emotion in the first place. Love is that first emotion. If there is no love, there wouldn't be any pain, nor heartache, and definitely no emotional anguish, would there? All that is the direct result of having loved.


Stronger Love = Higher Emotional Investment
& More Emotions Involved

All the Above = Higher Susceptibility to being
in a Position to get Hurt


Yes, it's as simple as that.


Who ever said that to love isn't to risk? Heck, it's a huge risk. Probably the biggest you'll ever take in this lifetime! Why? Because involves the future. It involves your forever right here on Earth and in the mortal realm. Yes, loving another is a risk. It's just that sometimes, some people find someone who's worth that risk. And THAT's what it's all about.




----------


The pieces of my heart are missing you. I miss you.

17 comments :

ming said...

One of my roomie who stays with me this summer, he plays this song every freaking day!!! He plays in the morning, he plays when we come back from work, he plays when we have dinner together, he plays when he is driving us to Sunday meeting.

OMG

I love this song so much. But everytime when I listen to it, I feel terrible. Not the terrible terrible, just that there is some kind of feeling running in my head.

Too much emotions in this song.

Pam Song said...

Exactly, babe. Too much emotions. I think I know exactly how you feel cos I probably feel just about the same way.


Well, anyhew, it's good to know you have another "Repeat" fan as a housemate. =) Missing you, babe. Mwah.

Anonymous said...

the piano parts r soooo nice....the music arrangements in this song is superb .. again i salute u for such a good song ... looking for the mp3 liao

Anonymous said...

drums part during chorus are so soul catchy...=)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: zecount said...
– Such a fantastic song, eh? I wanted to post very long di. Just never finished it. She's so so good lah. Really. This is sorta like the Eragon track. The music soars wan. It starts to build up at the Pre-Chorus and soars each time it hits the Chorus and then it totally goes heavenwards when it enters the Bridge. SO GOOD! The secret lies in the orchestra accompaniment.

Will post more ya. Quite a few songs have tugged at my heart. Just that this one tugged most. =)


ATTN: adrian
– The drumming is actually very simple only. It's cos of the orchestra that supports the music that brings it to the next level.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: zecount
– Did ya notice that she went softer when she sang, "They smell just like you"? I tell you she's fantastic. It sorta makes you imagine that she's smelling her husband's dirty old tee when she sang that line. So penuh perasan.

JYJL said...

Haha~ I alllmost blogging the song also...

Anonymous said...

listen carefully at the beat...with the percussion(cymbal) at the peak of the chorus....superbly clear and nice to hear....=)

Anonymous said...

Hey babe,

Don't ever be gone, alright. I am already missing you given the current circumstances.

Hugs,
Nisha

Anonymous said...

ya ya ya ... but what really struck was when i watch the MV .. like u were in the old man's shoes oh...really penuh perasaaan .. and yes a agree the orchestra accompaniment totally make it really in .. sigh.. really will dwell in the song ..nasib i not in relationship yet .. if not sure jiwang kau kau hahahah... it's been on repeat the whole day hahaha .. my housemate wanna kill me already

supersara said...

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. i was emo over it for a while too. =) i can play it on the piaaannoo!

i love the way she says smell. like penuh emotion.

ming said...

Can I sing this song on my brother's wedding?

=p

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jacob. Y
– Haha. Beat you to it. Haha. So good huh? Like Keep Holding On liddat. The orchestra thingy.


ATTN: adrian
– I know. I can hear it. But there's nothing "SPECIAL" about it! It's a really simple beat to play only. Just that it works well with this song.


ATTN: Nisha
– My promise to you. I won't ever be. Even in time when we're living in different houses, different states or even continents, I'll be around. Always.

Love,
pamsong


ATTN: zecount
– Ya man! Cos his wife has passed away. Sigh. So sad.

Haha. I wanna jiwang also cannot. Jiwang also jiwang alone here. Sad case.

Eh, tell your housemates this is GOOD MUSIC ok. Haha.


ATTN: supersara
– I wish I had a piano here. Sniffle.


ATTN: ming
– You wanna kena thrown out ah? Haha. So what song you singing la actually?

JYJL said...

Haha~ When the album launched on first week, I was initially wanted to share this song with you. But then I thought a super duper internet pirates like you would probably have the song way much earlier la. haha. I knew you will blog about the song too. I have "faith" in you~ hahaha.

The orchestra background makes whole lot of difference. I will normally jump to last track for Keep Holding On after this. haha. kinda link together. And lotsa memories arise too. Songs like these really rocks big time if you remember the big mouth Aerosmith sang I Don't Want To Miss A Thing... emo emo~ If i get to a chance I will make music like that.

P/S: I can play this song on guitar too~ Hehe~ ;p

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jacob. Y
– Haha. What internet pirate? Who? Where? =p

But true la. I found the torrent before they launched it here. So I've got the uncensored versions of her songs. Do you have the "good girl" versions? I want.

And thanks for having so much faith in me. Haha.

Actually, now that you mention it, yeah! It kinda links. Where one, she says that she misses the person, then the next, the reply comes saying keep holding on cos the person is always there for her. Cools! I never thought of it that way before.

Hmmm. I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing also got orchestra wan leh if I'm not wrong. Haha. They should really produce more of these songs. So much feeeeeel.

p/s: I can remember the lyrics. *grin* LAME.

ming said...

I dont know what to sing..any suggestion? I know you have a whole collection of wedding songs one!
=p

Pam Song said...

Aiyo, sing Shania Twain's From This Moment On lah! Or You For Me. It's a lovely track by Johnny Gill. But very few ppl heard of it before la so dunno if you can find the minus 1.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!