Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Disappointment

Disappointment comes with expectation.


If the result exceeds my expectations, then all's well and good. Hip-hip-hoorah, let's party the night away and dance for joy. If it doesn't, I've put myself up for disappointment and I should, in fact, expect nothing less than disappointment should it begin to set in. It is my fault entirely.


But wait. If I don't expect anything at all, everything should result in anything but disappointment, right? The equation sure as hell sounds pretty darn easy to me. If you don't expect, you don't get disappointed. Sounds simple enough, right? I could definitely do that.


And I did. I didn't expect.

But I still ended up getting disappointed.

Sigh.


Where is the logic in all of this? Tell me. What happened to fairness, system and order? I don't see any of that right now. Maybe they never existed in the first place. It seems like it was all a set up. A set up from the start. A set up to make me believe that life was kinder. That people could be nicer. That things were better. That love was sweeter.


But it's not. It was all a set up. And I fell into the traps it set for me. If it is true and this – this very instance, this very incident – isn't real, then tell me...


Why do I still end up disappointed even when I don't expect?

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

what did you expect and what did you not expect?

.....maybe it is the thing that you did not expect at all that provokes or relates to another expectation that matters to you... =)deepler..

Pam Song said...

No wor. I just never expect whatever was unexpected. Cos the thought never even crossed my mind! So I was sure I never expected anything. I never approached it with an expectant heart. But mana tau, still end up getting disappointed. Life's a bitch. I've just gotta learn to deal with it.

Anonymous said...

hehe....thing always happens when we least expect it....

like accident...nobody will expect that to happen but it still happens right...so I guess it is the outcome that makes us feel bitter...

However no point to hold on to the dissapointment at all as it will slows us down.... so get over it and move onlor....one step at a time....another step to better days! =)hehe

Pam Song said...

Yeah, I decided to get over it. I'm pretty much over it now, I guess. Just that everything came as a shock so I guess I wasn't prepared. That's all. I've gotten up. And I have two choices. Do something about it, or bury it.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!