Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Doctor, My Best Friend

Okay, I lied. I didn't like her.


She treated me like a kid. She didn't even use a thermometer on me. Instead she used some electronic gadget and stuffed it into my ear till it beeped. LIKE HELLO! It's not like I'm dumb enough to bite down on a thermometer if it were placed in my mouth, okay! Ugh.


And I hated the way she kept asking me to say 'aaah' when she wanted to look down my throat. HELLO AGAIN! I'm not THAT dense, okay! I can open my friggin' mouth and get my tongue out of the way for you to see my throat WITHOUT having to say any 'aaahs'. Hmmph!


The only reason I may ever, ever, ever go back to her ever, ever, ever again is because she gave me an MC. Haha. At least that wasn't RM55 for nothing.


*snicker*

Check this out, man.




What a beauty.

*contented sigh*


Friends, this paper is worth 24 hours of nothing-ness. It's worth 24 hours in Laze-a-lot. It's worth 24 hours of blissful sleep. It's worth 24 hours of TV-watching. It's worth 24 hours of stress-free living. Heck, it's worth so much more than anything money can buy. In short, it's worth 24 hours of ME time. Yay!


I thank thee, O trees of the forest, for sacrificing your very lives for this piece of printed paper they so brilliantly named the Medical Certificate. You have my eternal gratitude.


That aside, my RM55 also paid for the following...







...a few tasty tablets for my throat...
(they kinda taste like chewable Vitamin C tablets)




...and some squirty thing for my nose.




Yeah, I know. The lot of 6 musketeers scared me, too. As though being sick wasn't enough, I almost got a heart attack when I saw the bulging (I'm not kidding) plastic bag that held my five-day medication.




Looks like it's bye-bye good girl image,
and a mighty sweet hello to the pill poppin' life for me!

Yeee-ha!

*cracks whip*

*blink blink*

I think I need to lie down.


And with sufficient rest, I believe that I shall live to face another day. May I, then, rock on once again. Peace out, good people.

11 comments :

Anonymous said...

tulah waited soo long than see doctor ... terpaksa lah the whole arsenal to battle them bacteria

Pam Song said...

No ma. Before this no time ma. Not I purposely also. Had deadlines to meet. Haha. And mind you, it wasn't bacteria.

Anonymous said...

Additionally... you might want to take herbs preparation.... Mix Nim Jiom Pei-Pa-Ko with hot water and drink it lo...it will soothes up the cough and flush off the heat from body... Take care n get well soon..=)

Pam Song said...

Ooo. I remember taking that before. When I was younger la. It's been awhile. I should start on it again. It's definitely healthier than popping pills.

Anonymous said...

ah virus attack lah than ... must be due to the stress which conpromised ur immune system ... tambah pula noy much sleep

Anonymous said...

The reason doctors ask you to say 'ahh' is because they need to see that little thing hanging behind your mouth.

Trust me, there's a reason for all the 'ahhs'. :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: zecount
– Ya lor. Sigh. I miss sleep.


ATTN: yong may
– Haha. Yeah, I know. Just that I don't need to say 'ahhh' in order for her to see it.

Try doing it once with 'ahhh' then once again without. Imitate yourself. You'll see that from then on, when you 'ahhh', you kinda sound and look pretty off already. Haha. Try it.

gracielau said...

mechanical thing that goes into your ear and beeps. that's the replacement of the thermometer la. no one uses that anymore unless you're too delirious to hold still while they stick mechanical thing in your ear, then they bring out the thermometer to stick it up your ass. really wan.

Anonymous said...

I give you 54.99 and less pills to take next time! MC on colourful glossy paper too!

Anonymous said...

oh yes one more thing- get well soon!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: gracelau
– I know la it's the thermometer. Haha. That's why I was pissed. What's wrong with using a NORMAL mercury thermometer on me? Ish.


ATTN: BenYong
– Wooo. I want that MC! You can be my MC supplier. Set? Deal? Just make sure it comes in that glossy paper you promised me. =)

Trying to get well. Taking waaaay too darn long.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!