Friday, August 13, 2010

Flower Power

I like the idea of having a nice smelling wedding.


But I don't want to get a headache from an overdose of perfume in the air. Or have incense sticks smoking (and stinking) up the room. Nor do I want the risk of fire from the open flame of aromatherapy candles. No, no. What I need something that will naturally permeate the air with its sweet fragrance without any adverse effects.


Like flowers. =)


I know lilies smell wonderful. And although they make nice weddings blooms, I just don't quite see them as "sweet" flowers, you know? Stylish and elegant, maybe. But not exactly sweet and pretty. And at this point, I see myself leaning toward the latter look. And I don't really like sharp petaled flowers. @_@ (Sorry Lily, I just don't.) That aside, I think I could too small in size to hold a big lily bouquet. -_-


As for roses, some do smell nice. But most of the ones we find in Malaysia somehow don't. And my other concern is this: roses just seem so... normal, you know? Almost every Malaysian wedding uses roses. Maybe cos they're so readily available there. Haha. Who knows? But IMHO, alone, they're a real snore. And I sure don't want snoozefest flowers for my wedding. Haha. They're ok when put together with other rarer blooms though. Or if they're of the big, tinted-tip variety. Love those! =)


And if you've been a follower, you'll know I've always had a thing for eustomas. Unfortunately, they don't really smell... well, of anything at all. So, even if we end up going with it, I'd like to think that there'll be another wedding-ish bloom in the lot to help fill the air with a pleasant smell. The other thing about eustomas is that they're not very filled out. The petals are soft, flimsy and incredibly fragile. So when put together, they tend to appear undefined and brown relatively quickly.


So... this is what I have in mind right now:


Peonies taken from here.


Not necessarily just in white, of course.
But peonies with this look in particular.

(And not the super Cina variety
that look like bunga kekwa. Harhar.)

But peonies don't just look good.
They represent lotsa good things, too!

"The 12th wedding anniversary flower, peonies are known as the flower of riches and honour. With their lust, full, rounded bloom, peonies embody romance and prosperity, regarded as an omen of good fortune and a happy marriage." [Source]

Well, would you look at that! Good meaning also! Hahaha. But... I dunno lah, really. I know quite a number of florists in KL have them. But I'm not sure if Penang has florists with peony collections.


*headache*


Maybe a mix of roses, eustomas and peonies would be a stunning presentation. Then I get to have those big, tinted-tipped roses I like, in the same bouquet as my soft, shapeless, favourite flowers, along with well-defined, full-bloomed flowers that smell good. Yay! =)


*blink blink*

OMG, what if they end up
looking too rojak together?!

*confused*

You know what,
let me mull on a little bit more
and get back to you later.

10 comments :

Lissa said...

You could have the flowers specially sent over from KL to you? >.>

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Wah! Expensivenessssss!!!

Lissa said...

Well, there's always a price to pay if you want it done your way. :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Such wise and hurtful words. T_T

Anonymous said...

ohh.. looking at the white peonies, I cant help but feeling serenity :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: LMC
– Yeah! I get the same feeling, too! =D

Lissa said...

*pets* You'll figure it out. :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Find a cheaper option? =p

Lissa said...

Like that, yes. LOL.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Haha. Our budget will thank me for it, I suppose. Ah well...

Post a Comment

Talk to me!