Saturday, August 28, 2010

Bridal Shop Hop

I'm back!

And here's a summary of my 3-day trip to KL:

Wedding gown hunting is an e-x-t-r-e-m-e-l-y
physically exhausting process! -_-'''


In the last 3 days, I tried on more dresses than I can remember, in more shapes and sizes than I care to count. And to tell you the truth, after the first 10, they all started to look alike. Haha. Details got blurry, embellishments looked fuzzy, and whatever the cut, they seemed one and the same. But... I did, however, find one that I'm keeping my eye on, and one that I'm definitely getting. So that's 1½ done (out of a minimum of 4 gowns), another 2½ to go. HAHA. Yay, me! =D


But it's not all yay, yay, yay
when it comes to bridal houses.


The 'No Photography' rule was a tough one to follow. (For me, at least. That's why I didn't bother being obedient when I could get away with being naughty. =p) But childish rebellion aside, I think the toughest bit of all for me having a sales lady follow me into the changing room each time I changed. (Not all bridal studios insisted on that, but most did.) Very discomforting. Very embarrassing. I didn't like that experience one bit. So that sucked.


ANYWAY... like I said,
I've decided on one of my gowns.
(Nope, not the white one.)


I tried it on at one of the bridal houses and immediately fell in love. *hearts all around* But it was a 2-year-old rental piece with more wear and tear than I'd like so... I didn't commit. But I did ask who the designer was. And I'm glad I did! Cos, with the help of Google, I'm now having it custom-made to fit by the designer himself. TAADAAAA! And, since I went direct, I'll be getting it at about half the price the bridal house quoted me for! Yay!


But the designer gave me a month to confirm,
I'm gonna take that month to mull some more.

Just for the sake of it
cos I doubt I'll change my mind. =p


That's one of the things with me. I can't tell you exactly what I want (sketchy cannot-be-verbalised ideas don't count) but when I see the perfect gown, I know. Something's gotta capture my attention, win over my head or touch my heart in order for me to fall in love and not look back. That's how it was with my choice in high school (I picked the one with a landscaped garden), and that's how it was with my choice in college/university (I picked the one with the soft-spoken Dean). So for tradition's sake, that's how it will be with my wedding gowns. Haha.


Having said that, as of now, I still haven't put on a white gown that I just must must must have. So we'll see how it goes on that front. I'm not too worried about that (yet) cos I've got a-m-p-l-e time to hunt some more. As for now, I'm looking forward to expanding my search and hitting more stores. But... I'm also tired out with the thought of all the putting on and taking off I'll be doing in the presence of a total stranger. Ugh. Somebody's reaaally gotta change that rule. -_-'''

16 comments :

Lissa said...

Good luck with the search! :)

陳一豪 said...

Wahhh why so jialat one they follow you in?

Its like... so rude lorh. What if you have a belly?

That aside I want to work in a bridal house now and pretend to be a gay wtf.

Also, another place that you might want to check out is Pudu, near Loke Yew area. Quite alot of bridal shops there.

Jeffro said...

I shouldn't have gotten my hopes high... I though I'd be able to see the gown and go "awwww", but ended up going "wtf where is the gown picture?" =(

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Thanks! =)


ATTN: 陳一豪
– YA MAN! They follow in! And they just look at you and say, "Choi sam lah." -_-

But they're all women. So even if you pretended to be gay, you wouldn't be allowed to dress the brides-to-be. =p

Pudu? Wah... Sure damn cheap. But also sure damn jam. Know of any in particular that I can check out online first?


ATTN: Jeffro
– HAHA. Jeffro Jeffro... you should have known me by now. =p

陳一豪 said...

Erm, don't think you'll be able to get anything online cos they're quite china Beng one. It's along jalan loke yew, methinks you should be able to get an address by googling 'france Taipei'

Felicia Boo said...

Yes Pam what an experience isn't it? But with them around, it sure makes things easier with the extra longg strings and zips and the poms poms, if there's any. Next visit, make sure wear nice lingerie! Hehehe

U might wanna try the bridal magazine by FEMALE, they have lotsa local designer wedding gowns tht takes your breath away. Happy searching!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: 陳一豪
– Haha. Then the designs also Cina Beng wan ah?


ATTN: Felicia
– You got that right. It was an experience for sure. One I'm not very keen on living through again. -_- And I'm not too particular about the lingerie thingy. Just that... it's weird! Like, I dun even know her first name and she's already seen my hidden bits! How can??? -_-'''''

And my mom bought me a FEMALE Brides issue. Not bad actually! Haha. Thanks for the tip though. =)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: 陳一豪
– Eh, actually... we have France Taipei in Penang also!!!

Jeffro said...

Yeah, so those moments didn't stay long... I don't know whether to be grateful for that or what... hahaha, nonetheless it's good to know you still got that "surprise" element =)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Haha. A girl's gotta have a little mystery, no?

Jeffro said...

Hahaha, yes that's the thing most guys look into too! =P A little mystery brings out the curiosity...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Hahaha. Well, I'm glad I've got that part covered and in the pocket. *pats pocket*

Jeffro said...

Teehee, glad you got that covered, I'd be worried if otherwise =P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Hahaha. Why should that worry YOU? Haha. I should be the one worried! =p

Jeffro said...

Hahaha, as a friend, I should share the worries too =P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Aww... Will you share my pain when I go into labour in the future, too? =D

Post a Comment

Talk to me!