Thursday, June 03, 2010

Shangri-La: It's In Our Nature, 3m TVC

It's been awhile since I've been this curious about an ad but with so many people talking about it on the interwebs and saying that it's soooo good, I just had to find out. Well, I'm glad I did. Cos now, I understand what the hype is about. You will, too. Watch.



PROJECT: It’s In Our Nature • CLIENT: Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts • CREATIVE AGENCY: Ogilvy & Mather, Hong Kong • CREATIVE DIRECTOR: Pierre Desfretier • ART DIRECTORS: Pierre Desfretier, Genevieve Hardy • COPYWRITERS: Kwei Chee Lam, Edgard Montjean, Troy Sullivan • MUSIC COMPOSER: Bruno Coulais • PRODUCTION COMPANY: Quad Productions • PRODUCER: James Brook-Partridge • DIRECTOR: Bruno Aveillan • MEDIA AGENCY: Maxus


Best TVC I've seen in a long time.

Directed by internationally renowned commercial director Bruno Aveillan takes the viewer to epic locations to communicate a simple, universal truth – “There’s no greater act of hospitality than to embrace a stranger as one’s own.”

– Excerpt of Shangri-La Launches
Global Branding Campaign
by Kate Nicholson

Press ads aren't half bad, too.


Shangri-La: It's In Our Nature, Print Ad: Wolves


Shangri-La: It's In Our Nature, Print Ad: Swan


Shangri-La: It's In Our Nature, Print Ad: Dolphins


O&M, HK really did well with this one, duncha think?


Watch The Making Of here.
Download wallpapers here.

5 comments :

BenYong said...

don't get. =_=

Anonymous said...

nope. pretty redundant for it to be 3 mins long when thr wasn't much to see at all.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: BenYong
– The thought behind it was good and the execution was amazing.


ATTN: SirButterRoll
– Well, we won't be seeing 3mins of this on TVs anyways. Nobody would spend on media that way. We'll probably get 30s cut-downs at best. Haha. I know for sure there's a 1.5min version online already.

What I liked was that I was pretty hooked. I didn't get distracted. Even though it was just a guy walking in the snow. =)

RealGunners said...

artistic artistic...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: RealGunners
– Execution was fantastic, wasn't it??

Post a Comment

Talk to me!