Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Of Friendships & Care-Packs

One of the greatest blessings of having been in KL during JZ and JJ's early years is the mommy friendships I've had the good fortune of developing during their time at Chiltern House, Alice Smith, The Little Secret, and Skylace. 


One such friendship I especially treasure is with a fellow-mom-turned-BFF I call EJ. In the private schooling world of posh, jet-setting ✈️, international-shopping 🛍, 5-star-hotel-staying ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️, branded-handbag-carrying 👜, wining 🍷, dining ðŸ―, organic-only ðŸĨ‘, yoga 🧘‍♀️ moms...


*cough cough*

🙄🙄🙄


....our love for the arts ðŸ‘Đ‍ðŸģðŸŽĻ🎭, carbs 🍔, Coke ðŸĨĪ, online shopping ðŸ‘Đ‍ðŸ’ŧ, fast-fashion brands 💃, quirky nonsense ðŸĪŠ, discounts ðŸ’ļ, chilling out 💁‍♀️, maid rants ðŸĪŽ and McD's 🍟 naturally drew us together. ðŸ‘Ŋ‍♀️ #rebelmoms


When I found out I had cancer, she was one of the first of the few friends I sought out to share the news with and she's been journeying with me ever since. She even made the effort to come up to Penang with her husband to visit me while I was in the hospital the day after my lumpectomy (5cm removed) and axillary lymph node dissection (4 removed). I truly am blessed to call her my friend.


And now, here she goes again...




❤️❤️❤️


--------


Friendship is born when one orders, "Coke, please,"
and the other says, "Make that two, thanks." ✌️
– Pam Song, 10 September 2019

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!