Sunday, September 29, 2019

Big Crustacean, Little Satisfaction, Minor Inconvenience, Major Frustration

Suddenly felt like eating baked crab tonight so I quickly called upon my crab kaki – Mee and Dee – and before I knew it, we were standing in front of an extremely bubbly aquarium at Northam Beach Cafe, picking a big, fat mud crab for dinner. Haha. ðŸĶ€


I know, I know. The Chinese believe that shellfish are "tok" (Hokkien for "toxic" or "poisonous") and that one with cancer shouldn't eat "tok" food yada, yada, yada. 🙄 But heck it la, no doctor of mine has said that shellfish is off the menu; only red meat and processed foods. So if crab is what I want, crab is what I'll hunt! (Hey, another rhyme! ✌️)


And boy, did I get a big one!






Big, right??? Mind you, this bad boy wasn't the biggest mud crab in the aquarium. There were a few others that were significantly bigger! But bigger = more expensive. So, no thank you. We decided to stick to a reasonably-sized crab with a price tag we could swallow. LOL. 😅😂


BUT... I so, so sad in the end!


The crab somehow didn't taste like I expected it to. Damn these blasted chemo tastebuds!! ðŸ˜ĄðŸ˜Đ I mean, it was ok la. But it wasn't great. And for the price we were paying, I was expecting greatness. Argh! I only managed to down it when I drowned it with the leftover sauce from the Sweet & Sour Fish we ordered earlier. (Wah, I am on a roll with the rhyming tonight! ðŸĪŠ)


Halfway through the crab, I pula felt like I maybe kinda wanted to eat Kin Chi Bee Hoon. So after crabbing, The Husband and I went off in search of some good, old-fashioned Kin Chi Bee Hoon at Kimberly Street. Balik balik... guess what?


Tak sedap also. ðŸĪĶ‍♀️
It was just bland and tasteless.
What the heck is going on!?

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!