Friday, September 13, 2019

Mommy – Still In The Game

So, I went to bed stressed out last night, wondering if my heart would be broken mid-sleep by my 5yo. Well, turns out my fears were unfounded, Life is beautiful, Love is pure and unicorns do fart rainbows. ๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ’จ๐ŸŒˆ


The kids went to bed without a fuss. JZ dozed off quietly, while JJ attempted his usual pre-bedtime nonsense before knocking out soon after. I didn't want JJ to continue sleeping too close to me because – you know, chemo and all ๐Ÿ˜ท – so I rolled him over kept him about a foot away, before I fell asleep myself.


At 1.45am, JJ suddenly sits up
in bed and whines groggily:

Mommyyy??? I wanchuewwwww...

๐Ÿ˜❤️๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ˜❤️๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿคฉ

Awww... sayang or not???


Wahhh... Immediately, my heart went: YESSSS, MUH BAY-BEH!!! MUMMY'S HEREEEEEE!!! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ LOL! ๐Ÿ˜‚ But of course must not be gila middle of the night lest I end up with a fully-awake 5yo at 2am, right? So my mouth calmly went, "Yes, Mummy here. Sleep." And I proceeded to push his head back down towards his pillow and away from me.


JJ was having nothing of it though. He kept trying to snuggle up to me. Finally, I got him into a position where he seemed relatively comfortable, and was a relatively safe distance from me – bolster and quilt stuffed between us – and only then did he quieten down. 


I thought that was it and that we could all go back to Dreamland but, no... A tiny hand reached out in the dark to touch my face. ๐Ÿ˜ณ Mommy Verification #1: No moustache or beard = not Papa – PASS! ✅ Not his first time doing that so I smiled to myself and my heart warmed at the familiarity of the situation. I then patted the back of his hand, put it down next to him, and proceeded to close my eyes once more.


But then I felt more movement. ๐Ÿคจ Turns out JJ was not done checking. This time, Friend reached past the bolster, under the quilt and proceeded to grab / squish / pat a boob. ๐Ÿ™„ Mommy Verification #2: Boobie present = not Papa – PASS! ✅ Just like this:


As seen on FB.


This pic by a fellow blogger mom proves that I'm not the only one who gets molested in the dark. ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜… Also, I guess some things don't change even if Mommy hasn't been sleeping with the kids for awhile. Cos when she is there, it's back to regular programming, folks!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!