Wednesday, September 11, 2019

No More "Mummy"

Brought the kids along with me to TESCO today. While we were there, JJ turns to me and says...


 JJ: Ah ma? *while reaching out to hold my hand*

 Pam Song: 😳 Wait... WHAT!? 

 JJ: *quick save* Ah Ma sayssss... when she comes to TESCO... *fades off*


Wah... Call me "Ah Ma" then immediately U-turn, tukar topik and cover-line kau kau?? Tsk tsk tsk. But good save la, good save. Very smooth. Brain work very fast also. Can be lawyer next time. LOL. But to be honest with you, I was actually taken aback and a little bit heartbroken when JJ called me "Ah Ma" by accident.


Just yesterday when I was saying my goodnights to the boys before they went into Mama's room to sleep, I began to wonder if the kids had moved on. They bounded into her room – no fussing, no whining, and without a single "I want Mummy" cry – with all the maturity of carefree teenagers in the bodies of clingy almost-5yos and almost 7yos that I still remember carrying and cuddling with.


And while I'm so very grateful that Mama and The Husband have stepped up to the plate and have so willingly helped out with the kids in light of my current predicament, I'm somewhat surprised at how quickly the boys have adapted to the situation and their new caregivers. Makes me think: That in the flurry of hospital visits and temporary isolation rooms, could it be that Mummy has been… replaced? Forgotten? Left behind? 😢💔😭


*sighs*

I can't wait till January comes. 😢

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!