Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Kuala Lumpur "Bridal Shower" Day Trip, June '11: Lunch At d'Italiane Kitchen, Sunway Giza

Landed at SkyPark Subang and immediately hit the bookstore cos Duh Roads had SMS-ed to say she would be late. Ended up buying a book – How Starbucks Saved My Life – which eventually caused me to con myself into buying a drink at the Starbucks café right opposite. -_-' Power of suggestion. I totally blame the book.


On another note...




One word: YUCK. Old one's still better in my eyes.
But maybe this one will grow on me eventually. :-/


Duh Roads brought me to Sunway Giza for lunch that day. Since I'm the sua ku Penangite who hasn't visited Sunway Giza before and all that. -_-''' I thought the place was awesome! So lively and contemporary in setting. Upmarket but not overly so that people get turned off by upturned noses. Loved it. Loved! It! =)


We ended up at d'Italiane Kitchen.
(There's an older branch of this
same restaurant in Jaya 33, PJ.)


Duh Roads ordered some mushroom something-something bread-looking thingamajig with olives, topped with cheese. :-/ Sorry lah. The name escapes me. It looked good though. Check out it...




Mmmm.... Looks good right? I think Duh Roads enjoyed it. Cos she at first told me, "Eh, take some lah. I cannot finish. Very full from dim sum breakfast." But then... 20 minutes later? Semua habis! Now you see it, now you don't. Hahaha.


Duh Roads with her cam and her meal.


Side view; no smile.


Front view; big smile. =p


I ended up ordering what I normally do – the Baked Three Cheese Pasta that boasts a perfectly sinful combination of gouda, parmesan and morzzarella cheese with penne in cream.


Me and my dish.


Up close – Duh Roads think they should have been
a little more heavy handed with the greens. =p


The staff at this outlet of d'Italiane Kitchen sounded Filipino and they were super attentive, very polite, and wonderfully nice. I'd give them a 10/10 for service! They were light on their feet and quick to react. One dude – he looked like the manager – even noticed that I was gushing over the cheese on my pasta so he asked if I wanted more to sprinkle on top. Naturally, I said, "Yes." =p


Extra cheese!


After getting sprinkled with extra cheese.


Soooo deliciously yummy and soooo sinfully good! My taste buds died and went to heaven. My waistline, on the other hand, bid me adiós, goodbye, farewell. Haha. But oh well... like I always told The (Ex-)Owner: YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE. So? Dun care, just eat laaa... Haha. Having said that, I ended up not being able to finish the entire dish. Too rich lah. I had cheese coming out of my ears by the time I was 3/4 way through. Haha. But I think I did well. Easily wiped out 4/5 of what came.


Anyway, that was my experience at d'Italiane Kitchen, Sunway Giza. Duh Roads very kindly took care of the bill for me so I'm not sure how much it all cost but if my memory serves me right, the pricing was fair for such a nice place. I would definitely not hesitate to return. Especially since the service was so good. This place gets two thumbs up from me! =D


----------------------
d'Italiane Kitchen
----------------------
Lot F.10, Sunway Giza,
Sunway Damansara,
Kota Damansara,
47810 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor Darul Ehsan.

Tel: +603 6148 1828
Fax: +603 6148 1830
 

14 comments :

Clark said...

yep, even the staff in the Jaya 33 branch are Filipinos. kudos that you've appreciated the service my fellow Pinoy's has done.


......now i'm curious about that dish you've ordered (drool).

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Clark
– When I used to go there they were all locals. This upgrade in service is A+! And yes yes! Go try that triple cheese pasta. It is to die forrrr...

Resurrected said...

Erm your friend quite cute lah =D

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Resurrected
– Cantiks kan? I boleh intro. HAHA.

Resurrected said...

Really? =p but how?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Resurrected
– Haha. Send me resume. I'll be HR. =p

Resurrected said...

But we shoulnt treat it like a job =) it should be a lot more joyful and fulfilling

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Resurrected
– Ooo!! A romantic! Hahaha. So how should we go about it then? Haha. How do I even know if you're eligible? Nanti I intro then kena marah. Hahaha.

Resurrected said...

Looks like you still have to do your due diligence on me =p use facebook to check lah

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Resurrected
- Waaa... you want to meet her but I have to do homework? What's in it for me? Hahahahaha.

Resurrected said...

I thought you wanted to ensure i am eligible? =p

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Resurrected
– I still think the resume thing would have been so much easier. Hahaha.

Resurrected said...

Haha but i only have my job resume

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Resurrected
– Eh, you think girls will just fall into your lap if you dun do anything ah? Get to work! Start preparing that dating resume! Hahahahaha.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!