Monday, February 21, 2011

Starbucks Changes Its Logo

Stuff's been going down – literally – in the branding world this past couple of months. Why? Cos international coffee giant, Starbucks Coffee says it no longer wants "Starbucks" or "Coffee" in its logo. (Click here to read news from source.)


@_@

Say what!?


Yeah, you heard me right the first time. No more Starbucks Coffee, my friends. In its place, you an ugly-as-hell, twin-tailed, green-eyed, wannabe-queen mermaid with frizzy hair. Like so:




And all together now...

Y.U.C.K.


Haha. I dunno about you lah but I personally think they went a step backward with this revamp of their logo. But then again, I'm terribly resistant to change.




So...




Now, I'm suddenly incredibly thankful I bought my own Starbucks tumbler on a whim last month. One with the familiar, old logo we all know so well, of course. Haha. Call it female intuition or psychic precognition, I don't care. But it made me think: Maybe I do have secret powers after all. =p

10 comments :

hon said...

looks like you bought a pirated version of the mug. the logo is reversed!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: hon
- HAHAHA. That's what happens when Starbucks gets Photoboothed! =p

yapthomas said...

That new logo, makes their parody name comes pretty much 100% true.

Lady, Star.. hmm...

Anonymous said...

Oh its Coffee is very very lovely and testy. nice idea for Starbucks Coffee . interesting this post i loved that .thanks for nice details shared in the post.........

Romantic Dinner Bruges

Pam Song said...

ATTN: yapthomas
– Got parody of their name meh? I never heard before leh.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: surendra
– Haha. Riiigghhhttt. =p

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pam Song said...

ATTN: surendra
– Wow, you replied!

Anonymous said...

U R Very Lovely Girl and will u friendship me .....if u don't mind

Pam Song said...

ATTN: surendra
– Omg, why are you spamming me on FB and on Gmail???

Post a Comment

Talk to me!