Monday, February 14, 2011

KL Food FTW!

The weekend before CNY rolled around, I organised a short trip down to KL to purchase my dream cam from a trusted contact in Sungai Wang. (I always get the best possible price and his follow-up service is amazing.) But wait. This post isn't about new toys or shutter-bug gadgetry, is it? No, it's about FOOD. KL food.


You see, unlike many from Penang who've gone down to KL for studies or work, I tend to enjoy KL food and would even miss it when I'm away. Because, contrary to popular belief, KL does have good food hidden in discreet corners. Those who complain about it just haven't found the right spots to feast yet. =)


Here's what I had in KL.


Prawn Mee from O&S – TAKE THAT, CHICKLIT!


Beef Ball Noodles from Jalan Alor.


 Ketam Steamboat from Kepong.


All that and McDonald's. -_-'''


But not too bad lah considering I only had Saturday to really catch up on food since I arrived past midnight on Friday night / early Saturday morning, and left after lunch on Sunday. I would have loved to have also had Peanuts from Snowflake, BBQ-ed Baby Crabs from SS15, Dry Bak Kut Teh from Klang, Banana Leaf Rice from Kanna Curry House, Braised Duck Rice from PJ State, and Ikan Panggang from Kepong as well but... no time lah. Sigh. Oh well. Next trip.

10 comments :

ChickLit said...

Haha, nice!
Woo, new toy. What happens to your GF1 then? Can the GF2 use the GF1 lenses?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: ChickLit
– Haha. I sold it. =) A reader bought it after I wrote the post. Amazing huh? But to answer your question, yes. The lenses are interchangeable. But I sold the lens together with the body.

RealGunners said...

actually.. i think Pg food is a joke.. =.=

Pam Song said...

ATTN: RealGunners
– WOAI!

Lissa said...

You need to bring me to all those places. :| Never had any of them. -.-

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– WHAT?? Okok. Next time bring you. Aiyoyo, how can dun eat all this before? Tsk tsk.

Lissa said...

:P I eat home-cooked food marrrr... :P

陳一豪 said...

YESSHHH O&S is the win!

Their chee cheong fun, lorh mee, ckt also damn good!

yapthomas said...

Hmmppphhhh!!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Show off! =p


ATTN: 陳一豪
– YOU GO WAN MEH?? So far from KL wor. Haha. But yessss!! O&S FTW! Their food all really Penang food wan. Even all the hawker uncles speak Penang Hokkien with me. Damn semangat ke-kampung-an. *patriotic*


ATTN: yapthomas
– Wei... dun la kana chabo. =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!