Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day

It's not about where you go,
what you eat or how much you spend.

It's about who you're with.


.
.
.
.
.
.


The Fiancé and I didn't make any major plans for Valentine's Day. We initially thought about baking our own pizza for dinner but, as cruel cruel fate would have it, I ended up having to stay back a little later after work (by Penang standards) and ended up only leaving the office past 8PM. Too late for any grocery shopping or DIY baking of any kind lest we die of hunger before the oven dings. -_-'''


So, he told me to take my time, indulge in a good bath, freshen up, then let him know when I was done so he could come over to pick me from home. 45 minutes later, we were on our way. I suggested heading over to Gurney Plaza since it was the closest mall to where we were but, to my surprise, he suggested driving all the way over to Queensbay Mall instead.


"Go somewhere different today lah ya?" 
he said with a smile.

That totally made my night. =)


And dinner? We sinfully tucked into some good ol' finger lickin' KFC. Haha. Nothing fancy but it's something The Fiancé and I both always enjoyed. Must be all that crispy, oily, deep fried glory. Haha. YUMS!




Not too bad for a first Valentine's in a long while considering the massive amounts of LDR we've been dished. All in all – even in spite of the unexpected overtime and botched baking plan – I had a good Valentine's Day. =)


So tell me... What did you guys do
to celebrate your love this Valentine's?

8 comments :

Jeremy Kid said...

To singles, it''s about where you didn't go,
what you didnt eat and how much you didn't have to spend.

And most importantly, it's about being reminded of how you're not with anyone. :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeremy Kid
– Haha. Wedding photographers shouldn't talk like this! =p

陳一豪 said...

YESHHHH KFC IS MY #1 LOVE OMG OMG I WON'T GIVE UP KFC FOR ANYONE.

Next time I shall arrange for a date at KFC.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: 陳一豪
– Hahaha. You better make sure your partner will be ok with it first. =p

Pam Song said...

ATTN: 陳一豪
– Nanti Vday suicide baru tau. =p

Reubz said...

My valentine and I went to a roadside mamak stall, then for a walk at the Batu Feringghi night market. :) Totally with you on the opening line.

Lissa said...

I didn't go anywhere or do anything. :P But I did come to Penang for a post-Valentine's trip!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Reubz
– Aww, that's sweet! Haha. Good times without having to rob a bank for it. =)


ATTN: Lissa
– Haha. Good move!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!