Thursday, June 23, 2011

All Tied Up In Nots

Decided to pop by Queensbay Mall with Mee to hunt down some ties for Dee, The Fiancé and his grooms men after work today. Yes. That's two women, looking for four ties, in two colours, to suit the tastes of four men. That's the perfect recipe for a killer disaster, I tell you... -_-'''


There were just so...




...so...




...very...




...many...




...options!




...to choose from!! -_-'''


Different thickness (fat, medium, thin, super thin), different cloth (microfibre, silk, el cheapo fabric they make but don't recommend you should ever buy :-/), different designs (polka dots, stripes, repeated squares, plain ol' solid colours)... all, in every freaking colour of the freaking rainbow!! @_@


Well, almost. :-/

They actually didn't have the exact 
shade of olive I was looking for. -_-'''
But what I ended up buying was pretty close,
I suppose. Yes, it was close.


Anyways... Mee and I initially wanted to just go with whatever we wanted. After all, the men didn't think it important enough to shop for their ties themselves, right? So, why should they get to choose?? 


*bitter*


But after yes-ing and no-ing, what-if-ing and but-then-ing, and maybe-ing and maybe-not-ing about a hundred million ties, it just got too overwhelming. So... we decided to just email pictures of the short-listed ones to Dee and The Fiancé and have them choose their own ties instead. At least if they pick it, they can't say it's ugly, or the wrong colour, or the wrong width. Mwahahahaha...


*cuci tangan*


Suits – kautim. Shirts – kautim. Ties – kautim.
What next? Anything left? Socks?!? @_@

12 comments :

Lissa said...

I don't understand why YOU have to shop for the men. :|

Zhen Ying said...

Why can't men shop for themselves?!?!?!?! Its always the women who have to shop for them and decide for them. You seem to be doing everything for the wedding. Where's the other half??? It sounds as though he just MIA.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Cos if I don't do it, NOTHING gets done. >( It ain't a bed of roses, this getting married thing. Trust me.


ATTN: Zhen Ying
– So irritating, right??? Buy wrong also kena marah. Dun buy also later kelam kabut. How to win, I ask you? Cannot win wan. And why MIA? Well, cos men have MORE IMPORTANT work to do ma. Cos they are BUSIER than us women, ma. Cos our time doesn't matter AS MUCH as theirs ma.

Melsong said...

The human race habis di without women. Proven anthropological fact.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Melsong
– Whoaaa... We gots some girl powah goin' on here. =p

Zhen Ying said...

I totally agree with Melsong. Women rules the world!!! I don't wanna imagine what the world will become without women around.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Zhen Ying
– Hahaha. To feminism! Cheers!!!

Aivlysm69 said...

If you have to shop for men, warn them first that they will have to wear whatever you buy with NO complaints AND with a confident smile on their face!! >D *snorts*

Lissa said...

(continued from Aivlysm69's comment)

...And then get something floral. XD

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Aivlysm69
– Won't work wan! They will complain and complain till the cows come home then they'll put your money to waste, not wear it on the day, and opt for some crummy old tie they've been wearing for years that doesn't fit the theme. :-/


ATTN: Lissa
– Hahaha. Trust me, I thought of doing it!!! =p

Lissa said...

If it were any other occasion, I'd do it. But everything must be perfect for the big day, even if it kills me! x.x

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
- Ya lor!!! That's why I said I thought of doing it but... Haiya. Going to come out in all our wedding photos. So? Gotta just suck it up (i.e. kill myself) and buy a non-floral one.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!