Monday, June 01, 2009

The Strawberry Ice Cream Bimbo-Styled Taste Test

It's time! What time, you ask? The time I'm finally done with my review of the LG IceCream KF350 phone! Tene nene. Tene nene.


Super lag, kan? Haha. Procrastination rocks.
A round of applause for Pam Song, everybody.
Terimakasihkerjasamaandaamatdihargai.

*blink blink*

My lame-o-meter’s out of whack. Sowwie.
I the lack of holidays. I miss ‘em too much! Haha.


ANYHOO, we're not here to talk about that. We're here to discuss how YOU can spend all you've earned with all that hard work! (Tee hee. I know some of you make big money, right? Haha.)


So put your money to good use and
get yourself this pretty, pretty phone!


The LG KF350 Ice Cream phone.


It’s retailing at RM799 now.
BUY! BUY! BUY!

Haha.

Ok lah, ok lah.
Tell you more about it first.


Personally, I think it's a superbly easy-to-use phone. Very (bimbo-) friendly. Haha. And it's pretty much a no-brainer (no pun intended) that its ease-of-use goes well with the look the Ice Cream phone comes in. Pink peas in a pod, really. Haha. Not much need to do what Nicholas Chay from Nuffnang told me to do. I.e. RTFM – acronyms for "Read The F***ing Manual. (-_- *grunt* That boy is so crude!)


So now, let’s get straight into
the nice, juicy insider stuff.
(I’m using the phone
so I’m the insider lah. Ish.)


There’s one thing about this phone that you most definitely won’t miss – THE LED EXTERNAL DISPLAY! Even from the first time I blogged about having the phone in hand, it stole my heart away. Remember this picture *points below* and how I said it made me smile?




Well, it still gets me smiling. Haha.
I mean, heck, just look how much
you can do with blinking LEDs on a phone!




Nice leh…

And, no. The magic hasn’t died for me
and the novelty has yet to wear off. =p


I like the LED external display a lot a lot cos I get to check the time without opening the phone or unlocking any keypads. You can, of course, dress it up with other designs or words of your choice. There are quite a number to choose from and you can even let your creative juices flow by creating your own dot-matrix pattern.


So cool leh! Quite a unique feature! Don’t think I’ve seen it on any other phone before. Hmmm. Anyhoo, I tried it all out, had a blast with the blinking, moving LED displays and eventually went back to the clock. Haha.




I'm so boring as a bimbo lah. -_-


The other good thing about this external LED display is that you no longer need to blind yourself each time you check for the time in the middle of the night when it's pitch black. Haha. No more peeking through lashes and squinting your eyes against the glare. (Did you know that squinting leads to wrinkles and crows feet???) Finally, a phone that cares for your million-dollar peepers! Dun play play. This phone can prevent premature ageing summore. Haha. Wheee!


Now let’s get down to the keys on the keypad. They’re are a lot bigger than that of my previous phone, but that aside, the positioning of the spacebar and most other keys are pretty much the same as any other mobile when it comes to typing SMSes. So, if you've ever gotten your hands on a mobile phone in this lifetime, you’ll be able to tornado text and speed SMS with this pink LG baby in no time – no problem. Dump the rest and come, switch to LG!


One awesome thing I discovered with the keypad’s ingenious design is this: It's definitely made for women with long, fancy nails. Haha. Seriously! Totally made for girly girls who like getting their nails all fancy-fancy-fied. They're so comfortably big that you can use the pads of your fingers to type so your falsies never get in the way! You'll also find yourself ridded of the problem of there not being anymore visible numbers after a year of use cos you no long have to claw or jab at the keypad. Plus, it doesn't have those irritatingly deep grooves between keys so you'll never get your nails snagged between them and chipping like you would on some other phones. Perfect!


As for the easily-accessible one-touch Camera On button, it’s placed where I usually press Cancel or Delete on my other phone so I found that I kept accidentally launching the camera although I didn't want to use it. Haha. I think I need to train my brain and my fingers to aim better at the keys. =p (In spite of what you may think, I'm not a camwhore all the time. *snort* But hey, here's a thought: Maybe I subconsciously want to take pictures! Hmmm.)


The phone also comes with cute sounds for every action. I kid you not. Like... EVERY action. (I may have exaggerated a teeny weeny bit but let's not focus on that right now.) "Cheng!" comes on when you open the floating application menu. (I think that's what it's called. *gulp*) It goes "Cheet!" when you scroll. "Took!" when you exit. "Boo wap," each time you select to enter. And a super kan cheong "Ting ting!" when you make an error. Haha. I think you get the idea. But don’t worry… if you’re not that much into having a phone that makes weird noises, you can turn the sound option off.


And now, let's get
to my favourite part:
THE CAMERA!


This pretty little thing is home to an in-built 3.15 megapixel camera. So by default, that kinda means that the picture quality's gonna be good lah – DUH! 3.15 megapixel worrr. How can not good? Oh, and after trying it out, I must say, its sensitivity to light is commendable. It even allows you to play with colour effects like so:


Normal


Sepia


Black & White


Negative


Blue


Nah, show you all the colour effects
together in one pic so you can compare.




Please note that I DID NOT edit any of the pictures. Colour, composition, saturation, light and noise level are as they were right out of the phone. I just shrank them down to my regular blogpost picture size. Not too bad lah, kan? Got variety summore. Haha. In fact, I really, really like the Black & White pictures this camera takes. They're awesome!


And video quality is quite commendable, too! Movement doesn't lag quite as badly and sound quality for those within a 3 ft radius is good. There was a huge blooper when I was recording the video below. It's actually Take 2. Take 1 didn't quite make it cos... I, uh... forgot to press the Record button. Tee hee. (I know. Damn slack. =p) Anyhew, take a look for yourself!




FYI, I blew up the Blogger video to follow the dimensions of my other pictures. (I'm insanely anal that way. -_-) Otherwise, it looks like the one below.





Oh, yeah...

And I used Bluetooth connectivity
to extract the video and pictures.





And much to my surprise, it was a real breeze!

Very quick compared to what
I'm used to with my other phone.



Oh, yeah. Another cool thing I discovered about the phone was that it gives off this soft triple-beat alert whenever your phone battery's low. Even when your phone's on silent. That way, you’ll always be reminded that you need to charge its battery, no matter what. So, if you listen, hear and obey (haha), you know you’ll never find yourself needing to make a call, while being stranded with a phone that’s low on battery. Safer for girls liddat, actually. Reminders are good. Especially for forgetful ones like me. =p (I blame my constant lack of sleep. -_-‘)


But don’t worry too much about your battery dying on you lah. While on standby mode, this phone’s battery lasts quite a few days. Trust me. I tried it out. Haha. And I was pretty impressed with its tahan-lasak-ness. But with regular use ala Pam Song (read: by my super-SMS, super-cook-porridge standards), I have to charge it daily. Plus I’m too kiasi to take the risk of having my phone die on me. =p


Oh, yeah. One more thing I super like about it is that it's SUPER SLIM! Like, super super super thin that kind. (Wah! So many “supers”!) When I stuff it into my back pocket, I don't quite feel it pull on my jeans and it doesn't bulge as badly as a great many other phones. Nice!




Okay, since I know many of you aren't much into long-drawn explanations on why things are good and on what they offer (what is happening to kids these days???), I've come up with a list of technical specifications for the LGKF350 Ice Cream Phone that may come in handy for you should you want to get one for yourself.


Click on image to view in actual size.


SEE HOW NICE
I AM TO YOU???


*grunt*


That extensive list took me all of 3 hours okayyy. Dun play play. And I didn't even have a desk to work on while I was preparing it so I worked on that on my bed. Without the WACOM. (ROAR.) So... you better show me some love in the form of nice-nice, strawberry-ice-cream-sweet comments so as to make me feel like the effort I put in was worth my while. >(


Snapped this pic before I removed
the camera lens' protective sticker.



Love me!


-----------


p/s: Don't just think of it as a girl's phone.
It looks spunky on guys, too! =p


JC with my LG KF3501 Ice Cream phone.
Check out his standing pinkie. HAHAHA.

11 comments :

hon said...

did i mention that you have a cute voice? nice! =)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: hon
– Haha. No, you didn't. Not before. And... since we're at it, I've never posted a video with so much of my voice before either. Haha. Shy only.

inkish27 said...

Now isn't this attractive...

Bimbo friendly and definitely for no brainers.. XD

This is the best!
We don't need phone that challenges our IQ... =P

hon said...

you should do vlogs... pretty girl + cute voice = instant hit. i'll be your biggest fan!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: inkish27
– Haha. Indeed! All hail bimbo phones! Hahahaha.


ATTN: hon
– Haha. I can't imagine doing VLogs, actually. I'm not sure but I don't think I do videos very well. Haha. Videocam shy. HAHA.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: hon
– Maybe I should try it someday. Hmmmm...

Simon Seow said...

I only dig real strawberry ice cream :p

mknace unlimited said...

:) :) :)
cool

Kiruna said...

My god, how old is this?? JC left ages ago...

Kiruna said...

My god, how old is this?? JC left ages ago...

ah:beng said...

i miss JC.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!