Thursday, June 11, 2009

Two Words

Earlier in the week, it was Karev's vow to Izzie that wowed my socks off and melted my heart. Well, here's another beautiful one... in the form of a song. It's called "Two Words" and it's sung by Lea Salonga. (She was the singing voice of Princess Jasmine in Aladdin, as well as the singing voice of Mulan in... well, Mulan and Mulan 2.)


Artist: Lea Salonga
Song Title: Two Words
In a while, in a word
Every moment now returns
For a while, seen or heard
How each memory softly burns
Facing you who brings me new tomorrows
I thank God for yesterdays
How they led me to this very hour
How they led me to this place

Every touch, every smile
You have given me in care
Keep in heart, always I'll
Now be treasuring everywhere
And if life should come to just one question
Do I hold each moment true?
No trace of sadness, always with gladness – 'I DO'

(Instrumental Break)

Now a song that speaks of now and ever
Beckons me to someone new
Unexpected, unexplored, unseen
Filled with promise coming through
In a while, in a word
You and I forever changed
Love so clear, never blurred
Has me feeling wondrous, strange
And if life should come to just one question
Do I face each moment true?
No trace of sadness, always with gladness – 'I DO'
Never with sadness, always with gladness – 'I DO'


*sniffle*


Nice hor? Though I must admit that some sentences seemed a little odd. At least they did to me. Almost like they're incomplete. Fragments. Hanging sentences. But even taking that into consideration, it's a wunnerful song. Especially when it's Lea singing it. Her voice is just so... mesmerising. And it's so unbelievably clear, too! Love it. And I love this bit best:


"Facing you who brings me new tomorrows
I thank God for yesterdays
How they led me to this very hour
How they led me to this place"


It's true, you know. It's the yesterdays we've lived through that will turn out to be the necessary foundations to reaching the tomorrows of our dreams. They get us from where we were at, to where we want to be. It's those very times past that help us appreciate the present. They help us appreciate where we're at because of how far we've come. And they help us appreciate the possibility of a bigger, better, brighter future – the future we're looking towards. A future that can be found in that one person looking back at us as we say our vows.


It's also the people we've crossed paths with who've, in one way or another, shaped us to become the people we are today. We are influenced – moulded even, at times – by the relationships we throw ourselves into. Family, friends, lovers of our past – they rubbed off on us. In some ways better than in others. Sometimes, we lose ourselves. Sometimes, we take more than we put in. Sometimes, we get more than what we bargained for. Change is inevitable. And that change that's been accumulated through all our yesterdays is what makes us who we are today.


This part's a close second:

"In a while, in a word

You and I forever changed"


This I have yet to know from experience. So... don't hear it from me. Watch Lea Salonga sing Two Words to her husband during their wedding here. See for yourself how heartwarming inviting change into your life can be. Especially if it's in the context of forever.

5 comments :

§pinzer said...

my fav song of all time... me and another friend use to sing to each other every other night, it was bliss :)

The Author said...

nice, soft and sweet =)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: §pinzer s
– You know it!? You don't seem the type to listen to lovey dovey tunes. Haha.


ATTN: Jan
– Yeah, I like it, too!

§pinzer said...

lea salonga is a legend. Two words was just magnificent. Also love her other songs.. "you are, sunlight and sunlight and thy moon, gone with the wings of fortune.."

I'm a duet singer, always looking for a perfect partner to duet with :) must join Andrew, Josh, Steph and myself in karaoke ya!
Can't sleep and suddenly singing The Prayer in my head...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: §pinzer
– WHOA! You totally took me by surprise with that comment. Never figured you for a K junkie. Haha. You guys sing often?

And yeah. Lea is awessum lah. She's got a fantastic voice. I loved her in R&H Cinderella, too.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!