Saturday, June 13, 2009

My Friends Tell Me Things That Tell Me That I'm Single For A Reason I Never Thought I Was Single For

At the beginning of the week, a friend told me that he got attached over the weekend. A day or two after that, a friend of mine called to tell me that she just broke up with her bf. I was in a meeting at the time so I was unable to take the call but the message was relayed to me in an SMS later.


1 + 1 and 1 - 1 in 1 week.

Drama sial.


Then last night, a friend told me that she recently met my ex's ex, whom she'd never met before while my ex was dating his ex, though my ex is her cousin. (Whoa. Confuse-ness!) This morning, a friend told me that her ex is getting married and she's invited to the wedding though she's not met the bride-to-be.


Also drama hindustani.
And I don't like drama.

Relationships are complicated.
And I don't like complicated.

The more people you and your partner
have dated, the bigger the mess.
And I don't like mess.

Sigh.


Hmmm, maybe that's why I choose to be single at this point in my life. And then maybe I'll end up changing my mind when I turn 25 and there's no one to hug after the candles go out. Maybe. Just maybe.

13 comments :

leechon said...

haiyo..chill^^

haha

ohya btw i have nanged urs..can help me to nang??

http://innit.nuffnang.com/view.php?id=98898

please..

thanks^^

The Author said...

Sighs, i also think relationship are quite complicated =( Sometimes being single saves a lot of problem xD

Somehow it will be come when the time comes???(Rotten engrish -_-")

No worries, pam so pretty sure will have a lot of admirers =P

Resurrected said...

Well, worry not. There's no such thing as no one to be with even much later. It's always a choice. And the best is to make the choice based on love and commitment and friendship =)

Melvin said...

um, what was the reason?

Jeffro said...

Well that's true, since the whole scenario of love-is-just-about-the-two-of-us is so not true.. being in a relationship that has reality written all over it, is about everyone else that is connected to the main two.

I wouldn't wanna tell you be-patient-and-wait-coz-there's-definitely-someone-for-you-and-you'll-just-have-to-wait-for-the-right-time, coz i bet you've heard lots of it before..

What I would say is, enjoy the single's life lady, while you still can, it's only a matter of time till mr.right comes by and strips you off the single-status.. btw, single means having more freedom than not-single.. So appreciate the single-ness (okay that's not a word, but whatever la) for now.. I know I am.. =D

Pam Song said...

ATTN: leechon
– Ooo. Got barter trade summore wan ah?


ATTN: Jan
– Yeah, cos when you're single, you're not accountable. But unaccountability isn't good. That's why there's love for God and our conscience to govern us.

Haha. And in spite of what you may think, having many admirers can be a good thing at times, and a bad thing at others. Haha.


ATTN: Resurrected
– YES! Friendship is so important in a relationship! I totally agree!


ATTN: Mel0dramatic
– Me not liking complication, drama and mess lor. My post fail? Why you no get?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Haha. Being single has its pros and cons lah. But isn't that the way it is with everything in life? There's the good, the bad and the ugly.

hon said...

wow. you made me feel like an old foggey now. damn... haha.

test said...

awh single is cool pam, enjoy it while u can. Then again there is lots potential BF for u just waiting in line.

Anonymous said...

Singleness means freedom to pursue dreams but also meant incompleteness in life. =)

Simon Seow said...

Single and available? Guys, got chance liao!

Jeffro said...

Hahaha.. yeapz that's how life works around its core..

Wait.. wait.. I think you're missing something there..

There's the good, the bad, the ugly and the fugly (worst case scenario)...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: hon
– Haha. You're just a couple of years older than I am, right?


ATTN: Spectre
– Potential BFs?? How would YOU know? Haha. That's what people always assume. I have lots of guy friends lah. But that's a different situation.


ATTN: Adrian Lim
– CORRECT LAH!


ATTN: Simon Seow
– Haha. Siao. You think what? Megasale everything must go ah?


ATTN: Jeffro
– Weh... nothing worse than ugly and bad can? Depressing lah.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!