Thursday, August 21, 2008

My Little Ko-ree-ah

Ring ring.


Pam Song: Hello?

Receptionist: Pam Song?

Pam Song: Yes?

Receptionist: Pam, there's an envelope here for you from a lady called Miss M. It's from Korea.

Pam Song: *blink blink* I'm sorry. What??? From where again?

Receptionist: Korea. It's from Miss M.

Pam Song: Huh?! Who's Miss M? Are you sure? I don't think I know anybody from Korea.

Receptionist: No no. What they did was that they came by to drop your envelope off for you.

Pam Song: A KOREAN CAME BY TO DROP OFF STUFF FOR ME?!

Receptionist: No! No! A Korea! A Korea!

Pam Song: @_@ Woman, I don't know what you're saying. Gimmie a sec and I'll come out.


Upon collecting my parcel, I found out that
the confusion was actually because of this...




-_-


See? This is why writing still beats every other form of communication when it comes to clarity of message, in my books. (Kinda sorta if you choose to ignore non-verbal cues in the entire communication process. =p) No need to worry about diction, no need to worry about pronunciation, no need to worry about enunciation, no need to worry about articulation.


p/s: Will tell you guys more about 'my little Korean' tomorrow. Am too beat to think enough so as to not write in fragments right now. Nighty nights.

21 comments :

Jeffro said...

LOL! at first i was wondering what the heck is wrong wif the receptionist..

well now we all know..

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Haha. Yeah. Me, too. Thought she went loopy. Haha.

RealGunners said...

i suspect the receptionist is Malay... no?

choco said...

HAHAHAH.

I kinda figured out what was coming by the fourth green line. Hehe, but maybe thats because I used to think courier was spelled as the country too. -__-

Pam Song said...

ATTN: RealGunners
– Haha. Nope, she's Indian.

BLOODY RACIST!!! Haha. Terrible lah you! =p


ATTN: choco
– Haha. You, too?! Whoa. And there I was thinking she was the only one. Haha. I hope you know now. =p

sheon said...

hahah.....cute mispronunciation.

i hope i have a 'cute' receptionist also, but thats obviously not gonna help with my work, right?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: sheon
– Haha. No, she's not cute. =p

And yes, having a cute receptionist wouldn't help with work. Haha.

RealGunners said...

i don't deny i'm a racist, but what to do.. that is really exactly what they usually tend to be wat...

Unknown said...

Thriller relief moment!

Wing. Wing.

Pam Song: ARRrr loww?

Receptionist: Ah Pam Song Ah?

Pam Song: Yezzou?

Receptionist: Pam, there's a package here for you from a lady called Miss MonaLisaSmile. It's from North Korea.

Pam Song: *blink blink* I'm sowie. What??? From where again?

Receptionist: North Korea. It's from Miss MonaLisaSmile.

<*cue Mission Impossible theme in the background*>
Pam Song: (Then thinks to herself, the package muz be from the terrorist organization, Yen Na Dei.) Aiyah, u faster throw da package away, its a BOMB!!!

Receptionist: Wat, wat!?!?!, tiu mou! A BOMB!!??

(Then an audio message started playing within de package, "Hello, Pammy, this package will self-destruct in 24 minutes, unless u solve a series of tests!", and by now de package had pasted to de receptionist hand via some super duper glue on de package.)

Pam Song: ~_~'

Receptionist: How? How? AHHHH!!

Pam Song: @_@ Woman, what is the first test?

.....to be continued

Jeffro said...

Either she nids to send u mail, or give u written notice that a Mail has arrive.. ^_^

Simon Seow said...

I know what it is. It is this. lol

AA said...

gotta be fair to her la, the two words are pronounced similarly...

korea = kuh-ree-uh

courier = kur-ee-er

looks different on paper, sounds the same when rolling off the tongue...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: RealGunners
– Hmmm. I shall withhold all comments regarding the matter. Haha.


ATTN: Chris
– O.M.G. Is there anything you can't twist???


ATTN: Jeffro
– Haha. Can I have option 3 where she just comes over to my place and hand delivers it? =p


ATTN: Simon Seow
– Yeah yeah. =p


ATTN: Andrew Chua
– Not really lor. At least not for me. I pronounce it slightly differently. And I think I misunderstood her because of her sentence structure. Not cos of her pronunciation.

Unknown said...

Alright, alright, i shall behave.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Chris
– Haha haha. Good boy. =p

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Chris
– I left out PATS HEAD THEN SCRATCHED BEHIND LEFT EAR. =p

Unknown said...

Hey, hey, hey,

dont push laydee! or I'll be back to me mischievous self in a jiffy.

ermm, Woof! woof!

Jeffro said...

LOL.. option 3 it is..

"Oh Counter Girl..."

hahahaha..

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Chris
– Hahahaha. See? I didn't push, cookie. Good boy. =)


ATTN: Jeffro
– COUNTER girl?! You want her to spit on my courier before passing it to me issit?

Unknown said...

Rawf! Rawf! (Then shows left paw)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Chris
– You're doing well, old fella! Very fine indeed. =)

Post a Comment

Talk to me!