Wednesday, August 06, 2008

The Interview With God

The best messages come as they are – without need for additional words. I hope this video speaks to you as greatly as it spoke to me. Click on image to play.


God


He is here with me as he is with you. Always.


-------------


Next...

Word-for-word supers for those
who'd rather read than watch.


NOTE: After typing it out for personal use, I realised that I actually preferred reading it as opposed to watching the floating words fade in and out on screen above pictures that change to the beat of emo instrumental music. This way, I didn't have to rush through the text for fear of it fading before I'm done with the line. Read on. Who knows? You may end up preferring the video in text form, too.


-------------


THE INTERVIEW WITH GOD


I dreamed I had an interview with GOD.

"So you would like to interview me?" GOD asked.

"If You have the time," I said.

GOD smiled. "My time is eternity... what questions do you have in mind for Me?"

"What surprises you most about humankind?"

GOD answered, "That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money... and then they lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. They live as if they will never die, and die as though they had never lived."

GOD's hand took mine and we were silent for awhile.

And then I asked, "As a parent what are some of life's lessons you want your children to learn?"

"To learn that they cannot make anyone love them. All they can do is let themselves be loved. To learn that it is not good to compare themselves to others. To learn to forgive by practicing forgiveness. To learn that it only takes a few seconds to open profound wounds in those they love, and it can take many years to heal them. To learn that a rich person is not one who has the most, but is the one who needs the least. To that there are people who love them dearly, but simply do not yet know how to express or show their feelings. To learn that two people can look at the same thing and see it differently. To learn that it is not enough that they forgive one another, but they must also forgive themselves."

"Thank you for your time," I said humbly. "Is there anything else you'd like your children to know?"

GOD smiled and said,"Just know that I am here. Always."


-------------


Wow. So wise are those words. (The life lessons part highlighted by "GOD" as a parent, is a very rich Quote Mine, if you ask me.) So much so that even after watching this video 7 times (I had to in order to get the supers typed out accurately for your reading pleasure), there is still much to absorb, understand and process... and even more to internalise, adopt and live by.

11 comments :

David Cheong said...

So nice!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: David Cheong
– Yeah, it's nice huh?

zecount said...

i wonder how many times i've cought myself thinking "hmmm back in the good old days" hehehehe

AA said...

I wouldn't say the message is bad, but i wonder who would have the temerity to presume to know what God might say, to presume to speak for God in an interview and do a video like that...

I don't think we should encourage this kind of thing... Anybody can just say 'This Is God's Word', 'This Is What God Wants!', but all the stuff comes from a very human brain... It opens an avenue for manipulators to use... Someone watching the above vid might fall for the misconception that the message is from God Himself, when in actuality, we have no idea how God would answer if we really had the chance to interview Him... He might say something totally different.


I don't think we should use God's name lightly.


Eh, sorry everytime like opposing you... But I am just stating my thoughts ya... =p

luxen said...

The God in this interview is a benevolent God. I imagine its Morgan Freeman being so insightful and all.

On the other hand, Satan can be quite the charmer too. When I think of Satan, I imagine he looks like Al Pacino in Devil's Advocate.

Anyway, this is but the creation of a simpleton mind consoling itself with the course of nature. God/nature has no emotion; insights or intentions. It just happens as it is.

choco said...

:D One of my girlfriends sent this to me to watch before!

I'm a free thinker but this one got me almost tearing when I watched the vid. *blush* haha.

Unknown said...

I agree with both Andrew and Luxen had said. It doesnt do harm actually but its like scripted innit?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: zecount
– Eh? The good old days of what!?


ATTN: Andrew Chua
– Haha. I believe that it probably came from a dream or from an epiphany. It's like that dream of Footprints In The Sand. Not fact... but uplifting all the same.

Haha. And no worries. Am always up for an open discussion. =)


ATTN: luxen
– Haha. Benevolent God. True. Good observation. And yes. Satan sweet talks pretty well, too. But who says God has no nature? He has a character, too.

p/s: It's been so long since I've watched Devil's Advocate.


ATTN: choco
– Nice hor? I like. *sniffle*


ATTN: Chris
– Oh yes! Of course it's scripted. And from that comment, I can tell you didn't bother watching the video. =p

The Faux Fashionista said...

I thought it was inspiring and reminds me how "human" I am. I wish I could not "compare myself to others" not "think anxiously about the future", not "lose my health to make money"....its all so much easier said than done. *sigh*

I tried to watch the video but the words came out too slow. I'm a fast reader with no patience :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: The Faux Fashionista
– We're all that way, I think. We WANT to be better. But... we always fall short somehow.

And yeah. I got a little irritated, too. And just imagine. I had to watch it SEVEN times in order to get the text like I wanted it. -_-

Unknown said...

Absolutely Yes, didnt bother to watch the video, becoz u wrote down da transcript in your post DuUH! Aiyah, pat u at the back la, watched & listened 7times. Stressed out n tensed at the mo, so no time for da vid leh.

Erm, nothing against scripts but since its spreading nice messages then by all means.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!