Thursday, August 21, 2008

RM3.00 - RM0.40 = RM2.60

Had the cheapest lunch EVER today. And you
won't believe how I got it. Was a fluke, man! Haha.


This was what happened...


I walked to the mamak chap fan (that's mixed rice for you England-speaking folk) stall down the road with a couple of FRIENDS and proceeded to pick my dishes. Ended up grabbing two ikan pari (that's sting ray) fins and half a salted egg. Head straight for the mamak dude thereafter to get my mamak mixed rice calculated and priced.


The conversation between us went like this:


Pam Song: Encik, b'rape ye? (Manglish Translation: Mister, how much ha?)

Mamak: Ni... tiga ringgit lah. (Manglish Translation: This... three ringgit lah.)

Pam Song: Ok. *nods while proceeding to rummage through bag for purse.* Oh ya! Boleh tambah papadam? (Manglish Translation: Oh yeah! Can I have extra papadam?)

Mamak: Booollleeehhhhh. (Manglish Translation: Caaaannnn.)

Pam Song: Terima kasih ye? (Manglish Translation: Thanks yeah.)

Mamak: *looks at my chosen dishes again, then turns to me with a smile after giving me an extra papadam* Dua ringgit enam puluh sen cukup lah. (Manglish Translation: Two ringgit sixty sen enough lah.)

Pam Song: *confused expression* Huh?

Mamak: *freaky smile* Ikan you pilih kecik lah. (Manglish Translation: The fish you choose very small lah.)

Pam Song: *still confused* Oh. Ok. Boleh. Dua enam kan? Boleh. Boleh. (Manglish Translation: Oh. Ok. Can. Two sixty right? Can. Can.) *hands over money*

Mamak: Terima kasih! (Manglish Translation: Thank you!) *big big smile*

Pam Song: *more confused than ever* Terima kasih. (Manglish Translation: Thank you.)


Closing-down-sale kinda cheap mixed rice with fish and salted egg.


You know what that means or not??? Technically, that means I got a 40 sen discount because I bothered to ask for extra papadam! How crazy is that? Haha. It's awesome lah. Just awesome! I shall tapau food from his stall more often. (Or maybe I should continue putting in more effort to dress up for work. =p) Dunno how the fella make money also. BUT... not my problem. And I'm not complaining. Haha.


The two darlings that got me my 40 sen discount. =)

14 comments :

Unknown said...

Amboi, ikan you pilih kecikk ke infinity, macam mana kenyang? tapi itu chilli tengok macam pedas dan nyamanlah.

Tapi itu Mamak tauke, pun kira jujurla, bagi discount. Mungkin dia bagi free lunch pun kalau dia punya foto diterbitkan di Tanah Tinki.

Jeffro said...

i dun think so lor..

note: he SMILES at Pam...

then he gave discount..
what'd u think?

BTW, THAT WAS FREAKING CHEAP!
I can't remember when was the last my breakfast or lunch or dinner cost me lower than rm3

*Sigh*

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Chris
– Haha. No lah. It's not that small actually. One was very big. Only the one on top was slightly smaller. Haha. And it's not THAT hot. =p

And yeah. The mamak dude was nice. And I really don't get how they make money with this kind of charges. Haha. Maybe one day I should tell him I'll promote him on my blog. See if I get free meals from now on. Haha. After all, a number of colleagues read my blog. Maybe they'll start eating there after that and his business will boom! Haha.

Fancy dreams, I have. =p


ATTN: Jeffro
– Haha. Dun think so far. Bottom line is he say the fish was small. =p

And yeah. That was incredibly cheap. Haha. I shall eat there more often. For sure.

zecount said...

advantages of a pretty face.... or maybe he reads ur blog? ...who's to know rite? heheheh

sheon said...

admit it...mamak's hitting on you!! muahahaha

at least the mamak's got taste... rite?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: zecount
– The mamak dude? Read my blog?? Okay, what did you have for breakfast?


ATTN: sheon
– HAHAHA. The lady who handed me my nasi kosong was his wife. I highly doubt he'd hit on another girl. And a scrawny Chinky one for that matter. =p

zecount said...

what??!! in this age of internet ...u'll never know leh

Jeffro said...

Where is it??
the place...

I want cheap meals..
I want, i want...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: zecount
– Eeyer. He's so going to be the type who types with one finger. He looks it. =p


ATTN: Jeffro
– Seksyen 13, PJ. After Menara Axis. Quite a lot of stalls there. And all cheap cheap wan. =p

zecount said...

aiya nowadays just need one finger lah ... go mouse go !!! *click click*

Unknown said...

Haha, its not bad of a dream, not far fetched. "Mamak Ikan Pari - Endorsed by Fehmes Blogger Tinki", then da banner shows you giving a thumbs up.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: zecount
– Haha. SOUNDS easy. =p


ATTN: Chris
– Endorsed by me? Haha. Then he'll have to supply me with free lunch for the rest of my life. =p

Jeffro said...

ooo.. section 13? is it near where Kel Li aka Kelster is working? Hmm.. see when i tak han i go there tgk tgk cari makan.. ^_^

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Yeah, it is. Kinda sorta. Not that near but... okok lah. With car can reach. You know her?

Post a Comment

Talk to me!