Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Would You Like To Work At Google?



It's every online addict's dream to work with Google. And to be amongst the select 22,000 employees who receive their daily bread from the world's first 100 billion dollar company, is a wonder in itself. Especially if you've got a seat in the Googleplex at Mountain View.


*dreams*


But although this recruitment is for a more local position – Malaysia/Singapore – the invite sent by the Google recruiter still rocked my socks. It was a very shocking but very pleasant kind of surprise. =) You should have seen my expression – wide eyes and open mouth included – when I shoved my phone into my dad's face and said, "EH! Look! Google people ask me to apply for job!" Haha.


Unfortunately for me, I've already committed myself to a position elsewhere so I won't be applying for the position this Google recruiter has so kindly invited me for. And, to kill the idea (before it kills me on the inside), I have formally informed her of my unavailability at this point in time and declined the invite via email and via Facebook Message. T_T


Aih. If only they were looking
for an off-site freelancer instead. =(

18 comments :

neena said...

OMG OMG OMG!!! that's so cool! it's a shame u have to let it go...but then, u know better ha. Congrats nonetheless!! sorry i'm overreacting -_-"

zecount said...

NO!!! ... all the free food !!

Jeffro said...

Aiseh! If only they came tad a bit earlier eh? *grins* No worries, perhaps you'll find greater opportunities later on :D *whisper* Seeing that you're that capable now, maybe they'll offer you a higher position with greater pay and other benefits? =P I'm just saying xD

Pam Song said...

ATTN: neena
- Hahahaha. Don't worry. I overreacted too when I found out. =p Thanks anyway. A shame but... Oh well. =)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Zecount
- What free food?? It's for the environment and experience lah! Haha.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
- Yes!! Cheers to greater opportunities ahead. =)

zecount said...

well the environment and experience comes with food also what ... and it's free ... dun tell me the word "FOC" doesn't entice you

Lissa said...

It would look awesome on the resume though. :P

Jeffro said...

I would double cheers with you on that! =D Everything's going great and will continue going greater =D

Pam Song said...

ATTN: zecount
– Haha. It entices me. But not enough for me to think it's heaven on earth. =p


ATTN: Lissa
– Sure would! Would you have applied?


ATTN: Jeffro
– Haha. Woo hoo!!!

Lissa said...

If I'm in that field of work, yeah! :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Trust me, I was tempted, too. Haha. But... nah. I already accepted the other position. =)

Jeffro said...

Hehehe, leave that aside for now, and focus, focus, focus on the more important stuffs =D

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Haha. Like what? Wedding planning? =p

Jeffro said...

You betcha! Those matters can put aside, but rest assure, SOMEBODY's GONNA GET 'HURT' REAL BAD, when Pam has the time...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Hahaha. Even after wedding planning is over, I doubt I'll be able to think about Google and the opportunities it presents. Plus, it's not like it's an invite to work at Mountain View. That wan, I'd die before missing. Hahaha.

Jeffro said...

LOL, well best things happen when you least expect them? Who knows what other good/great news would come your way? =P Ooo why Mountain View over Google?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Why Mountain View over Google?? Eh, uncle... Mountain View is Google's HQ lah! -_-'''

Post a Comment

Talk to me!