Wednesday, August 04, 2010

A Joy Malaysians Will Never Understand



When The Fiancé and I saw that sight before us while waiting at an intersection, our eyes went wide and we decided we just HAD to stop and make it count. Boy, oh boy. It looks like the good day just got better! After all, it's not every day the numbers look this good. Haha.


.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Catch no ball ah? Ok, I explain.


In Australia, the petrol prices change on a daily basis. No subsidy like in Malaysia. It just goes up, up, up; then down, down, down suka hati ikut market. Having said that, any price below AUD120.00 cents/litre on the petrol price board, is – not great, but – acceptable. (It usually hovers around AUD121.00 cents/litre to AUD124.00 cents/litre.) But every once in awhile – like today – you get not-to-be-missed prices like AUD116.90 cents/litre. =D




Wah, really like find gold liddat, I tell you. Haha. So many people filling up their cars over lunch hour, even on a working day. It was crazy!! But we really wanted to take advantage of the low price so we went crazy and got in line to fill up our tank, too. Hahaha. =p (Wat?? Don't judge la. Petrol sure use wan wat. Sooner or later only. So no loss if we fill now, right?? Tank got space wat. Ish.)


5 minutes later... TADA!!!




Wait! I zoom zoom for you! TADA TADA!




Full tank, bay-beh! YEAH!


You have no idea how rare that sight is here, man. I think I've only seen it twice (three times max) since I arrived. In Malaysia, I always pump full tank whenever I fill Baby's petrol tank. ALWAYS. I guess I like the confidence a full tank of petrol gives me. Like I can go anywhere the wind takes me. It's a lot like liquid security. Haha.


Ok, one more look.




Ahh, what a beautiful sight.

*happy sigh*

16 comments :

jack said...

good~hor.. rubbing it to our face~hor..

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jack
– Where got rub in? Hahaha. Malaysia's LUCKY!

陳一豪 said...

Wahhh you pandai choose! Take those driving BMW one ahha.

eh blog abit about t3h fianc3!!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: TYH
- Wah!! Liddat also you can notice?? My pictures all no logo no branding also. Haha. But no lah. I didn't choose him cos of BMW. When I first started going out with him, he didn't even have driving license!! Hahaha.

Eh, kaypo!

CincauHangus.com said...

haha. sure pam psycho him to get one from the beginning of the relationship. inception technique! :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: CincauHangus.com
– Haha. Oh puh-leeze... If I wanted to psycho him, I'd psycho him to get an Aston Martin. BMW? Pfft. Cheapo. *GRIN*

joshuaongys said...

ROFLMAO FARNEE BANYAK

Pam Song said...

ATTN: joshuaongys
– Haha. The post or the comments? =p

陳一豪 said...

Wahh not bad Aston Martin!

You banyak kaya your taste.

What will you spana from him next time? Get him to get you something nice then lemme drive ok thanks bai.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: 陳一豪
– Hahaha. Not cos of the price lah. I just like the car. But I'll settle for a Porche also. =p

But you dream lah. No way I'll have those cars lah. So you can kiss your lend-me-your-car dream goodbye.

goingkookies said...

haha.. u re adorable!! Love ur posts.. it never fails to bring a smile to my face!

whoa.. BMW.. i want M3!! =p

got sucked in after watching my first Top Gear episode when I first reached Aussie.

I know what u mean about petrol prices there.. bf and I will go pump on Fridays cos that's when it's cheapest.. and even then it's AUD121.00cents/litre!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: goingkookies
– Hahahaha. You're going through my archives!! =p

Ooo... woman, you have taste in cars. =p And yeah. Petrol is crazy ex here. Beh tahan. But in Melbourne it's always cheap Friday? How come it's not here?? It's like damn random here. But we don't pump up if it's more than AUD120.00cents/litre. Usually lah.

goingkookies said...

haha.. thanks! i can't help going through ur archives!! it's addictive k!

woman.. i was in Brissie la. not Melbourne =p

I think everywhere they do have certain days that are cheaper cos the following day is up again.. sth about refilling their supplies....

try to monitor everyday for a few weeks and u ll see a trend =)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: goingkookies
– Haha. Addictive is good. I'm gonna take that as a compliment. HAHA.

And ooo... I thought you were in Melbourne. Haha. My bad.

And yeah, I know there's a trend. But it's not always on weekends wor. Cos like this time, I pumped on a Wednesday. Hmmm... They're messing with us, I tell you.

goingkookies said...

Haha.. poor thing.. well, happy catching them on the cheapest day!!!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: goingkookies
- Haha. I won't have to do it for long. I'm going back to Malaysia for subsidized petrol soon!! =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!