Monday, August 30, 2010

Advanced Booking

Sometimes I wonder if I'm the world's worst friend to have.


In the last few years, my time has grown so impossibly scarce that squeezing in hangout hours feels like an impossible feat. That's why my friends tend to organise our meet-ups in advance so I've got plenty of time to pen them into my calendar. With that system, I've miraculously kept an astonishing percentage of the friends I've made. And I've gotten by on barely cactus-watering my many friendship pots.


It's worked for me so far. But it's bad. Reaaally bad. And it should change. I should change. Especially now that I'm back in Penang where life supposedly runs at a slower pace. (*skeptical* We'll see that's true after I'm neck deep in work. Har har.) Because today, I received two sound reminders of how badly I've been neglecting my friendships:


Via SMS...


 "Must book you first."


 ...and via Facebook.


"I need to book u for a week before."


*shame*

Time to change.

*says with conviction*


Especially since we're no longer talking zoom-zoom weekends. I've now got 52 weeks a year in slow-town. With the rumoured pace in Penang, a kind/understanding/considerate boss *cough cough*, and less (unpaid) OT hours, I believe that squeezing in some Friendship Time between work and family is doable. Either that, or I just need more hours in my day. -_-

3 comments :

Jeffro said...

hahaha.. i think less than 52 weeks, you need time for family too =) but yeah, you're the busy busy bee, and when compared, I ain't as busy as you (still I don't know how you cope with things and blogs o.O)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Ya man. Sigh. I don't always have time to blog. But I don't mind sacrificing sleep for it so... that's probably how I cope/manage. =)

Apparel said...

don't always have time to blog. But I don't mind sacrificing sleep for it so.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!