Monday, June 14, 2010

Melbourne, 9-12 June '10: In A Nutshell



A hotel that's further than it is near. Heaters that freeze long before they heat. Lousy shower heads that trickle where they shouldn't. (And also shoot out random sprays when they shouldn't. Bah.) Enforced sauna sessions that burst capillaries. (I kid you not.) A heated pool I wished I had the swimwear for. A larger than large bed with nice, soft pillows and a thick, warm comforter. (Mmmm...) Awesome take-away and home-delivery pizza. (Don't you dare roll your eyes at me.) And lots of TV time under the covers with Family Guy, The Simpsons, David Letterman and CSI for pre-bedtime entertainment.


Then there's also the Melbourne beyond
the Medina Executive Northbank on Flinders Street.


Never-ending GPS-led walks in the cold. (Yes, it was ALWAYS cold in Melbourne, be it night or day. Grrr.) Cold, cold winds that make the tiniest raindrops feel like micro-bullets. (See what I said about it being cold all the time?) Warm tram rides. (Rare oddity, this one.) Mini flashes of lightning scattered throughout the city, throughout the day. (Love those.)


Forgettable steak at an Italian restaurant along Lygon Street. (Why'd we pick an Italian restaurant for steak!?) Pretty good dim sum at Chinatown. Quaint cafés in tight alleyways. (The haunt of the see-and-be-seen, I presume.) Delicious hot choc at St Kilda. (Other places also got.) Rude shopkeepers. Unfriendly passer-bys. Walking trench-coats with a smoke in one hand and a coffee in another. (Wha– didn't you know? Nicotine + Caffeine is the perfect combination for good health and a long life! Pfft.)


*rolls eyes*

You know, I guess that's about it
for me and Melbourne.


If not for the company, I don't think it'd have been a very nice trip. Most of the time, it was just too cold to really be comfortable. I even got bad windburn along my right arm and hip! -_-''' Oh, and as always, whenever I travel, things happen so... stay tuned for that story that's coming later. For now, let's just say I'm glad to be back where I was before I left. =)

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!