Thursday, June 24, 2010

Kings Park and Botanic Garden

Okay, before we begin, let me first say that's not really my fault that the pictures in this post look so blah. The clouds were putting on a depressing show all day so in spite of my wunnerful PS-ing skills *cough cough* (ok, shall eat humble pie later) Photoshop can only do so much. Here's proof!




See? Black sky.

Reminder: Not my fault.


But to be honest, the skies weren't looking quite as gloomy when I left the house to start on that walk. Dark, yes. But not SO dark like it's going to rain drizzle lah. (Funny but it doesn't rain here. It only drizzles.) Which it did, later on. -_-''' The skies started drizzling mid-walk. Bleh. Such rotten luck.


Ok lah. Dun wanna talk already.
Talk also depresso sky story nia.
You all look-see pictures lah, ok?

Nah.


A view of the city from the park.


Some trail at some corner of Kings Park.


The... urm, moon? Cannot be the sun, right? But so early
see moon?? Haiyo, Australian sky very confusing lah.
(Took this one along the trail you saw earlier.)


The Lotterywest Federation Walkway
– an elevated walkway situated in the middle of the park.


Opened on 17 Aug 2003, the Lotterywest Federation Walkway offers a pretty good view of the city, Narrows Bridge, South Perth and the Swan River. Good to admire with the naked eye but a little bit of a headache when it comes to capturing the view on camera in low-light. You see, every step causes the bridge to bounce a little. And it's worse if there are other park users jogging along it. Can just forget about taking any pictures from that point at all.


But... I saw a rainbow.

So I stubbornly stayed on the walkway
till I got a picture I liked. Look!




=)


Now, where was I?

Oh yes...


Made of steel and jarrah wood, it
extends 620m and cuts through parts of Kings Park. The elevated section is 222m long but it's not that high so those with a fear of heights don't have to shy away. Max height at the apex is only 16m! The walkway even has a 52m-long glass-arched section. (That's the part that shakes but offers a good view – can't win 'em all.)


Ok, enough wiki talk.

Just think of it as Perth's closest thing
to resemble Denmark, WA's amazing
Valley Of The Giants Tree Top Walk.


A note from Lotterywest at the end of the walkway.


The end.


.
.
.
.
.


Oh, wait. Before I end this post, I wanna leave you guys with this important note: Don't gamble. Gambling is bad. Bad, bad, bad. BAD!

10 comments :

Melsong said...

Save or not, walking alone in the park?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Melsong
– *GASP!* It's saFe!

v!vi@n said...

wow..nice photos...and you are very sweet girl...

nanged and clicked your ads..do hit me back ya^^

Dori Lukey said...

haha lost at world cup gambling?

Lissa said...

Lovely! *likes* >.>

jfook said...

Nice shots.:")

Pam Song said...

ATTN: v!vi@n
– Aww, thanks, Vivian! =)


ATTN: Lukey Cher Hong
– Haha. No lah. I don't gamble. And... urm, I don't watch football. Haha. I don't really get the game. So many ppl, sweaty sweaty run after 1 ball. Fun meh? =p


ATTN: Lissa
– Haha. You like gloomy skies? =p


ATTN: jfook
– Haha. Thanks. I didn't quite like them though. So dull and dreary. The first pic was the one I liked best. Haha.

Melsong said...

Oops, you got me there. That's what happens when you simply put down the first thought that comes to mind.

I like the photos. Have mood.

Lissa said...

The pictures were lovely, gloomy or not. :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Melsong
– Haha. Okay. Moooood. =)


ATTN: Lissa
– Thanks, Lissa. =)

Post a Comment

Talk to me!