Monday, March 19, 2012

My Life Expectancy

Did a virtual health test on Living To 100 and
my Life Expectancy Calculator results tell me that...




Aiyah... one year shy of 90! -_-'''


But then again, not bad lah, right? For a person who doesn't exercise and has lots of work stress. Hahaha. All I need is more time off to travel (get to relax abroad without work + get exercise from all that walking around = SCORE!) and I'll hit that 90 mark. No sweat. Haha.


AND THEN... I got to thinking.
(Yep, I started thinking. Uh oh. @_@)


If I guarantee want to live to see my great-grandkids and have them call me...uh... call me... urm... what do great-grandchildren call their great-grandma ah? ANYWAY, if I want my great-grandchild to be able to call me before I die, my grandchildren will have to start popping out my great-grandkids by the time I'm 87. PALING LATEST. Or else the tiny fella born already still cannot talk yet. -_-'''


That effectively means that my children will need to give birth to my grandkids by the time I'm 60. LATEST. Or else my grandkids will be too young to get married and have my great-grandkids by the time I'm 87. (I've calculated for my grandkids to be 27-year-old parents by the time I'm 87. Fair right? That means, my kids should also be 27 max at the time of the birth of their first child.)


Hmmm. Let's do the math.

89 years (my life expectancy)
- 2 years (buffer time for my great-grandkid to learn to call me)
- 27 years (age of grandchild during birth of great-grandchild)
- 27 years (age of child during birth of grandchild)
---------------------
= 33 years of age
---------------------

That means the oldest I can be when I give birth to my child in order to be greeted by my great-grandchild is the age of 33. Wah, I got 5-6 years to lenggang still! Hahahaha.


But wait. Takkan I only want to see ONE great-grandchild meh? At least 3 right? So let's say I give it 2 years between kids. That means... 33 - 2 - 2 - 2 = 27. @_@ OMG, 27??? Are you kidding me?? Shit! That means I have to give birth before... THIS NOVEMBER?!? -_-''' Gone liao la, the plan. Gone liao. T_T


But nevermind. All things are possible. 
I'll just pray that my grandkids get triplets. =p


p/s: You can take the test here to find out how old you're expected to live up to and also find out if you get to see your great-grandkids. =p

5 comments :

neena said...

Can't believe i can totally relate to this post. These are the things i've always been worried about since I was 25. And the fact that my birthday's on october, i'm now having a panic attack. But i guess i can settle with grandchildren la. Yes, I can live with that.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: neena
– Hahaha. Quickly get hitched to get the ball rolling! =p

Zhen Ying said...

Hahahahahahaha, how are you gonna deliver a baby before Nov? There's no way you can do that.

This post is seriously hilarious. Couldn't stop laughing while reading this. HAHAHAHAHA.....

Melsong said...

Cepat cepat mesti dapat!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Zhen Ying
– Haha. That's why give up liao lor. Target is 33. HAHAHAHAHA.


ATTN: Melsong
– Target is 33 laaaaaa...

Post a Comment

Talk to me!