Thursday, December 13, 2007

To Buy Or Not To Buy?

That is the question.


So here's the deal. Something's coming up and I'm in need of black and gold. And as is for most people I know, black isn't the problem. It's the search for gold that's turning out to be a royal pain.


Went on the hunt and ended up falling in love (and buying) a silver necklace and a not-so-matching bracelet instead. Very mature-but-not-at-all-aunty accessories that I'll probably wear at a wedding this coming end-of-year. Perhaps I'll show 'em to you someday. Or maybe even now. Lemmie just find my camera...


*blink blink*

Hold on a friggin' minute, yo!

Pam, FOCUS!!!

Okay, sorry. Where was I?


Oh yeah. So I'm desperately in search for some gold and time's running out! My deadline's this Friday. (Men, it may seem like decades away to you but WOMEN DON'T SHOP FOR IMPORTANT ACCESSORIES AND HIGH-FLIER CLOTHES IN TWO DAYS. Pfft. Even the mere thought of it is so ridiculous, it's driving me to hysterics.)


I NEED GOLD!!!


And that's where Topshop comes in. You see, the store at KLCC has this God-sent smock-belt thingy (I so don't know what it's really called) that's just perfect for the occassion. Why? Cos it comes in BLACK and GOLD! (Duh. Haven't you even been pretending to pay any attention to what I've been saying all this while?)


See! See!




Tada!


Perfect, right? But wait. Now the problem is this: It costs a wallet-bleeding, no-need-to-eat-for-the-rest-of-the-month RM135. How now!? Sigh. I need to think.


Option 1: I could get a friend to lend me his Topshop card and get 10% off on my purchase. RM13.50 off – measly, but better than nothing. That would make the smock-belt thingy (what the heck is it called!?) RM121.50. Hmmm. Not enough discount. Penang people very kiam, remember?


Option 2: I could use this RM25 rebate receipt voucher a colleague gave me. (So kind of him hor?) That would then make the smock-belt thingy (can somebody please tell me what it's really called!?!) RM110. Hmmm. I'd be saving RM11.50 more than if I used the discount card. That's enough for lunch AND nasi lemak bungkus for tea!


That's it. I think it's decided. That last sentence said it all. I'm taking Option 2. That is, IF I eventually succeed in killing all brain cells and finding myself making that purchase.


AARRRGGGHHH!

What do I do? What do I do?
Do I get it? Do I not? How now!?

Help!!!

16 comments :

Abas KS said...

Wrestlers wear similar kind of belts.

Not to mention weight lifters too:)

Perhaps you do not want to buy it at all.

Wait for a sale, lady.

What is the meaning of Kiasu?

I was wondering whether you would be interested in exchanging links with relevant blogs of mine.

http://abassterinternational.blogspot.com

http://voyage.aimvotal.com

http://aispecial.blogspot.com

http://money.aimvotal.com


One is a PR3 & the rest are PR2 blogs.

I believe that a link exchange can do our blogs some good.

Thanks for your consideration.

Pam Song said...

Ahh, I see you haven't approved my comment. Why? Did I strike a cord when I mentioned that you were spamming Innit with every post ever written? Haha.

And yeah, wrestlers and weight lifters do wear those types of belts but... they so so pretty!!! And not to mention, so apt since I'm looking for some gold and black.

And I got no time to wait for a sale!! Time's up by Friday! =(

Hmmm. I'm guessing you're not Malaysian. It didn't say in your profile. You see, Nuffnang's Malaysian based. I didn't exactly expect anybody else when elsewhere to sign up with it. Let me enlighten you...

Kiasu's a Hokkien (a Chinese dialect we speak in some parts of Malaysia) word. Kia directly translates to scared or afraid, while su means to lose. So losely translated, it means that you're a person who's so afraid of losing out on anything, you'll do anything to save yourself and make things happen YOUR way in YOUR timing... even if it inconveniences others. Usually when a person is kiasu, it's at the expense of another person's loss.

Got it?

And gimmie some time to read through some of your blogs before I link anything, alright? Did you like mine?

CS said...

emmm ... a.i.editor,,,,,, very good.. straight to the point.. exchange link.... give u 5 thumbs up.....

ya lor.. i also thikn that way.. like wear by the weight lifter....

but if for me... i prefer got stuff to buy and got nasi lemak to eat... haha

Abas KS said...

Ok, I'll publish you comment.

No problem:)

Pamsong, you are hilarious but don't let my compliments affect your blogging.

Write whatever you like to write.

I would like to see you wear the "Championship of the World" belt.

I can't stop laughing. Lol :)

I misunderstand how "Kiasu" has anything to do with my blog posts being on Innit.

I guess I should put "Malaysian" on my profile.

CS

Hi, I saw your blog.

Its got potential :)

Let me exchange links with you after like two or three months, huh.

Pagerank 0 links would eat on my blogs PR :(

I hope to collaborate with you folks :)

Lets make more money, huh.

Ninja said...

Tricky one babe....but i think you should scout around in Queensbay or even Perangin la...you might get some cheaper stuff.

It's so hard being a girl isn't it?!!!

Arrgghhh!

Love love the new banner by the way :p

Pam Song said...

ATTN: CS
– HAHA. I'm all for the nasi lemak option, too. =p

Wei, why so greedy pig wan you? Food blog not enough summore wanna nasi lemak on my blog?


ATTN: a.i. editor
– Haha. Free speech, eh? =p

We'll see if I end up getting that "Championship of the World" belt. It'll probably slide off my hips by the end of the month seeing that I'm gonna be going broke for its sake.

You're Malaysian!? Studying abroad? Working abroad?

Hey, how do you know your blog PR?

And yes, I'm all for making more money. =)


ATTN: sabrina
– I'm not in Penang lah. Haha. I'm FROM Penang. I'm now working where everything's expensive and unaffordable. =(

And yes, being a girl's a bitch. =p

Thanks for the banner compliment! You made my day! =)

Anonymous said...

You know wat Im thinking....You are paying RM 110 for a 'Kau Lian'(puppy's chain) har?! *laughing non stop*.....Mwahahaha =P

Pam Song said...

WEI!!! That's not supposed to go round my NECK lah. It's to go round my WAIST!!! You too much! Adrian, fashion is a girl thing, okay. It's something men will never come to understand no matter how much they try. Go play with your LED. Make it blink. Go on. Be a good boy.

*grin*

Anonymous said...

Hahaha...that happened when I too 'bosan' playin with LEDs....

If that goes onto the waist...lagi teruk...boleh masuk Wrestling ring liao....WooHoo! *raising banner to support PAM the WOMAN's Wrestler*
haha =P

On a serious note; the belt is NICE! =)

Pam Song said...

*skeptical*

Really?

Anonymous said...

No jokela...if you put them on, it looks nice in the front...

Oh Ya! It matches your Nike jacket with the white pants...try it out la lady...you might like it woman! =)

Pam Song said...

Huh!? Like what white pants? Since when do I have white pants that I've spoken about here? And no lah... Where can match that jacket? So wrong! No no no. Cannot. BLACK and gold lah fren. BLACK and gold. =p

Kirsten said...

*golek golek on bed while holding on to tummy

kelakar la lu olang... need help with keeping the banner up, adrian?? Pam woh, m sure the banner HAS to be at an appropriate size for sumone across the ring to see or it wun be a banner LoL

m no fashion, fashion even thou m a girl but an imaginary picture of that derno wat its called belt with Nike jacket on Pam??

so salah la...

p/s : please dun send me to play LED with adrian.. i'll try to be good... and to redeem myself.. *whisper* a.i. editor was skimming thru ya blog looking for an opening.. in actual fact, he wants to link/pawn

Pam Song said...

Wah! Why I have to design the banner? You all wanna carry and support me YOU all have to design wat!

And ya lah. HAHA. So tak boleh right, that fashion advice? Fail, fail. Tak boleh guna langsung. HAHA.

Now go play your LED lights and make me something pretty that blinks.

*whispers* And yeah... I know he wants to link blogs. But then hor... Now link also no use. All my links cannot see! HAHA. But then... I'm also holding back cos our blogging styles like a bit different. His very straight, very serious wan. But I'm still considering lah. See how. Haha.

Kirsten said...

Huh? aku talak ask you design banner pun.. was offering to help adrian angkat banner ager..

Eh, i see ya link alrite.. the link to the chabo in SG that never taken nasi lemak before works alrite...

It is not invisible... i see pink kar-lour lagi

Pam Song said...

WHAT!? Means you all can see all my links and only I cannot!? What is the meaning of this!?!??!?!

I still cannot see, you know!!!

MOOOGGGGOOOOKKKKKKKK!!!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!