Monday, December 10, 2007

Typical Beer Ads

I don't drink (like, at all) and I'm not a big fan of the habit (break it) but I often find myself having a thing for beer ads (some).


Oh, stop with the disapproving head-shaking
and nose-wrinkling and just hear me out first.


I'm not referring to the cheapo ones with half-naked girls floating in a sea of bubbly yellow liquid (that very much resembles piss) on them, okay. I'm talking Heineken (Think: Brad Pitt) and Guinness with their smarter, more tasteful, slightly classier ads that push creative boundaries and puts to good use brainier methods of selling that terribly bitter alcoholic beverage – methods without having to resort to pictures of half-naked girls floating in a sea of bubbly yellow liquid (that very much resembles piss) on them.


And look at this week's Nuffnang ad!




Guinness Christma-fied its white-foam-black-stout look
with a nice festive golden bow on a Christmas pressie!

The following are two previous Guinness
white-foam-black-stout ads for your reference.
Just so you know what I'm talking about.





Quite cool, right?

And, as with all the other ads featured on my page,
I paid the host site a visit to check it out. Look what I found!




In order to enter the site, you're actually required to fill in your IC number or passport number... or else, no access. (They say they're committed to responsible drinking and all that.) Plus, there's this small box you must, must, must check before clicking Enter that states, "Yes, I am a non-Muslim aged 21 years and above." Seriousness. Not bad, huh? It's a deterrent for all under-aged delinquents and to all others who practice Halal-ism.


I'd tell you what happens after clicking Enter if I could... but I can't. I'm not a believer of submitting identification numbers online (Who cares if they say it'll never get out or be given to any other third party? I'm too jaded to take their word for it.) so I just didn't bother finding out. Haha. But oh, do tell me all about the virtual land beyond Enter if you managed access, alright?

15 comments :

Zheng WuLeow said...

Hey :D!

Picture #3's really creative man. bet the photographer spend sometime getting it right haha :)

BaBy_oN_BoArd said...

cool... i never enter the guiness stout official website... oh my gosh!!!!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: a suspicious man
– Not bad, huh? The concept behind those ads were really cool, too! Plus, it's nice to break away from the conventional sexy-woman-on-poster look.


ATTN: baby_on_board
– Haha. Dare not leave IC number like me? Haha.

BaBy_oN_BoArd said...

hehehe... sorry ya.. due to certain reasons, i can't distribute my IC no. just like this.. hw about hp no.? U wan it??? In case u r boring, u can call me up... Hiak hiak hiak... Have a nice day

MikeM said...

hi pam... thx 4 droppin by @ my site... indeed my surname is "Song"... nice meeting you and coincidencely we got the same surname, i assume :)

welovepenang said...

very creative ads... its is much more better than a sexy lady in the post.....

i think the advertiser need to think way out out out form the box in order to create more creative ads...... 5 thumbs up for this ads...... of course for you as well...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: BaBy_oN_BoArd
– Haha. Same lah. I also dun wanna give my IC number wan. You never know what ppl do with the information.

And no, I don't want your hp number. Save it. Or give it to someone else who doesn't have real friends and needs to hunt for some online. Tee hee hee.

Have a nice day!


ATTN: Michael Song
– No prob. Haha. But I was taken aback when I found that your surname is Song also. It's pretty rare. =)


ATTN: welovepenang
– Ya lor. Better, right? Plus, it's not discriminating.

And thanks for the thumbs up. But I think that the agency who came up with this concept deserve the thumbs up more than I do. =)

BaBy_oN_BoArd said...

Aiks.... Hehehe... just kidding ya... have a nice day and waiting for ur newer post....

Pam Song said...

Haha. Sure thing. One new post coming up by the end of the day. =)

Accyee said...

Yes, I am a non-Muslim aged 21 years and above. <--- thats COOL! but all my muslim friends drink ANYWAY~
and your blog's already so 'out there' isn't it?
hahaha. best of luck, alright :D I think I'll stop by regularly ^^

Accyee said...

and maybe you SHOULD ask for his number. HAHAHAHAHHAHAA

BaBy_oN_BoArd said...

can describe wat r u going to write about 2day?

Pam Song said...

Yes, I am a non-Muslim aged 21 years and above. <--- thats COOL! ATTN: Abby
– Haha. My blog's 'out there'? Haha. That's a first I've heard. =p

And yeah. I've got under-aged Muslim friends who drink buckets, too.

It's nice to know you liked your visit here and are thinking of coming back. See you around! Let's hope it's soon. =)

p/s: I'm not gonna ask for his number. I sket. *grin*


ATTN: BaBy_oN_BoArd
– Haha. Where's the fun in that?! Cannot tell lah. Wait till you see it for yourself. =)

Boss Stewie said...

*whew*

i'll pass the word to guinness ok.. i'm sure they'll be happy to know you love their ad :P

Pam Song said...

Haha. Thanks for sending it my way. And go ahead and tell 'em. It is one up from the regular beer ads. =)

Post a Comment

Talk to me!