Monday, July 02, 2007

Makan-Makan Lagi

As promised earlier, this post is dedicated to today
and every other day's tea break highlight –
the one and only KL city's BEST NASI LEMAK!

Yums!


--------------


1. Directions to the mamak stall. You'll want to pay attention. Trust me. It's REAAAALLY good. So... Get onto Jalan Sultan Ismail. Pass Hard Rock Cafe, KL on your left. Turn left upon reaching a set of traffic lights. Turn left again immediately after into a small lorong (the one that always floods). The mamak stall that sells this heavenly nasi lemak is on your left about a 30m down the lorong. Make sure the packet looks like THIS.


*points below*




2. Open the packet and get a good whiff. Smell perfection, my friends. That's right, it's pure perfection you have before you.




3. Pick up a gorgeous ikan bilis and admire its beauty. Ahh, such crunchiness. You rarely find those in nasi lemak bungkus. Very rarely. Very very rarely, actually. They often come sickeningly soggy. Yuck.




See! Check that out, man. The ikan bilis still garing wan leh. Bite into one and hear it crunch if you don't believe me.


Not bad, huh? Pure skill, dudes.


4. Eat it. Taste it. Savour it. Enjoy it completely for such fine flavour doesn't come easy often. Neither does it ever come as cheap. This nasi lemak cost less than RM1 but I don't know how much it was exactly. I bought it with a packet of teh 'O' ais kurang manis and the bill came up to RM2 ONLY. So affordable!




5. And then you eat it some more. As for me, I don't really like the tiny chili seeds in the sambal so I usually push it aside and pick out only the cap for flavour. I know. I'm picky as all hell. Stop judging me already. I'll judge you right back and make you my object of scorn.




6. And eat it some more still till you reach your last spoonful. Plan ahead and be sure to leave a good mix of ikan bilis, kacang and telur rebus together with your rice. It's all about having foresight. Make sure that the mix in that final spoonful is one that'd never be forgotten. It has to be THE spoonful of that particular bungkus. It has to be so good that... It. Makes. HISTORY.




Uh... But as you can see, I left only the ikan bilis and kacang. There seems to have been a slight miscalculation with the telur rebus. *blush* Paiseh paiseh. I promise it won't happen again.


7. Wipe it clean and lick the brown wrapping paper dry. Leave no grain of rice when you're done for that would be a sin of the highest order. Such transgressions are never to be forgotten nor forgiven. You have been forewarned.




Do as I do and learn from me – BERSIH!
(Just close one eye and ignore that sambal patch.
It's not really there. It's all in your head.)


Mmmm. Sooooo good!

Okay okay. Last picture. I promise.

*grin*


8. Always remember: If got head, must have tail. Heh. That was a direct translation from Hokkien's "oo thau, oo boay".




Mummy always says, "When you're done with your food,
always pack up the trash and put everything away neatly."

I did that.

I'm such a good girl.

10 comments :

Anonymous said...

ahhhh !!!!! .. I ALSO WANT NASI LEMAK!!!

Pam Song said...

Haha. Come back then ma can have nasi lemak lor. When you flying back?

Anonymous said...

not so fast la.. most probably end of the year ... U HAVE TO BRING ME OUT MAKAN !!

Pam Song said...

Haha. Wa wa wa. HAVE TO ah?! So forceful. Where can wor. Say please.

*grin*

Anonymous said...

plz plz plz... with cherry on top and chocolate sprinkles pretty plz

Pam Song said...

Haha. That's more like it. You come back only we talk. Subject to debate. *grin*

Kirsten said...

kay.. mamak opposite celcom malam ini

Kirsten said...

liverpool nasi lemak kat batu lanchang jugak got garing garing ikan bilis..

but i normally go for the ikan tanpa bilis..

nice nasi lemak post *thumbs up*

Kirsten said...

can see the rice chi liap chi liap instead of those mushed up type that mamak normally serves

Pam Song said...

Whoa. Didn't know you were a fan of nasi lemak bungkus. Haha. Nice leh. And the nice smells heavenly. Oh, and I also very pantang soggy, mashed rice. So pantang. That's why I dun particularly like chicken rice ball. It's disgusting lah. I prefer my rice looking like paddy. Haha.

And thanks for the compliment! =)

Post a Comment

Talk to me!