Monday, July 30, 2007

The Battle Rages

Heads up! It's Blue against the Red.


SCENARIO: Girl gets flowers from Boyfriend. Flowers were delivered to the office for all to see and smell. And I tell you, these flowers smell crazy fantastic! I keep going up to Girl's place (we're on different floors) for quick whiffs. They make lousy days at the office that little bit better for me. *smiles*


QUELLED INITIAL THOUGHTS: Boyfriend's staking his claim on Girl!!! (She's new, by the way.) But, no. I was wrong. Apparently, Boyfriend sends Girl flowers pretty often (so it's not like he's staking his claim on her that way just cos he can't piss all over her to mark his territory from all the other lousy hounds in the office who are on the hunt). Looks like there still are traditional-flower-giving-romantic guys out there. Problem: They're all taken.


THE BATTLE: Red insists that there are underlying problems in the relationship between Boyfriend and Girl that are just waiting to crash through the surface of the seemingly calm and supremely saccharine facade. Blue and I begged to differ. No, my apologies. There was no begging involved. We insisted that that was utter rubbish. But Red was not an easy opponent. Not letting up in the least and obstinate as all hell, he suggested the idea that Boyfriend was, in fact, cheating on Girl. The audacity of it all! Such imprudence! Hmmph! Shame on Red. May he read this post and toss and turn in his grave (after Blue and I are done with him, of course). Die die we fight to the end. (Red dies, of course.)


MY THOUGHTS: I mean, what's wrong with giving your girl flowers? And how is it possible that giving her flowers even becomes something NEGATIVE in the end?! That theory's so far off tangent that it makes me wonder how Red even keeps his head on straight all day. Puh-leeze. If so, every girl who gets any flowers from her guy should start hiding behind bushes, keeping tabs on his emails and start looking through his text messages already lah! This is ridiculous.


And you've gotta be kidding me if you say you know girls and the way they think cos no matter what any girl says, SHE LIKES FLOWERS. Trust me, hang on to every sentence, and take my word for it. She just doesn't know it yet cos SHE HASN'T BEEN GETTING ANY, no thanks to the likes of unromantic, insensitive males like YOU.


In fact, if you don't give your girl flowers, you should start wondering WHY you don't feel like giving her any. Relationship getting dry and boring, some? Got tired of the chase, maybe? Starting to take her and your relationship for granted, perhaps?


If so, it's time to buck up!


Every now and again, shake yourself awake and away from the very-typical-very-bland dinner-movie-homesweethome routine. Grey habits aren't cool when it's the Lurve Thang we're talking about. Start working some excitement into your limp and passionless relationship today! And what simpler way to do that than with a tiny bunch of sweet-smelling blossoms tied up in pretty bows? Common, it can't possibly get any easier than this.


Whoa.

*blink blink*

That just really started sounding like
a very-bad-very-corny-super-hard-sell ad.


Anyhew, I liked what Blue said at the end of his conversation with Red. "I don't have to agree with it. But I do it anyways cos I know it makes her happy." Sigh. Like that lah. Short, simple, oh-so-sweet and every ounce of it dripping with sincerity.


See? That's the spirit.

Blue, you rock harder than Red ever will.
May Pink come along for you someday.


----------------


Whoa, I sounded really pissy in this post, didn't I?
Heh. Those Dark Queen roots haven't all but died just yet.

I think I need to get me some flowers.

24 comments :

Anonymous said...

Whoa..this one sure struck the Bf one....want some flowers...just tell himlar...why beat around the bushes......Hahaha =)

Pam Song said...

Oh. My. Goodness.

I don't have to resort to such means to speak to my boyfriend, okay. We're friends as much as we are boyfriend and girlfriend. We tell each other anything and everything.

Pfft. Hidden messages? No need for that.

Learn a bit, okay?

Anonymous said...

Learn from you? Pffftt....I am pro at it la...Hah!

Pam Song said...

Ooo. Big talk for a guy who's not had practice in the department for awhile now.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha...there she goes....she doesnt know me....=P

JYJL said...

WAAhh.. *drop jaws* So.. color-ful~.. shud call "Colorful War". I wanna play green. Another flower giving guy~ haha.

Your last line makes me think you are beating around the bushes. Haha. Cant blame on innocent adrian. ;p

Hi adrian!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jacob! Yalor buta-buta I kena smacked again.....hahaha =P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: adrian
– Wooo. Is Adrian Lim dating now? Common. Spill.


ATTN: Jacob
– Haha. No you cannot be green. And yes, I also thought that this post was exceptionally colourful. Haha. I scared myself a little there, too. *grin*


ATTN: Jacob & Adrian
– Okay, you boys really need to work on some England cos in that last sentence, every "me" and "I" was referring to ME. First person, mind you, in Personal Pronoun form.

In plain simple, fancy-less English, what I meant to say was, "I need to buy myself flowers to help myself feel good and to take the Dark Queen-ish vibe I have in me today out." THAT would be how that sentence would have gone. You two sees? Understandings?

Sigh. No wonder men think that they'll never get women. It's cos they speak different languages in the first place!

JYJL said...

Then some men gives flower away and the girls says yes anyway~ hahaha.

Eh! What's wrong with green? Cannot meh? I take purple! No more changes!

Anonymous said...

Haha..Dreamingla you!
I still enjoy my freedom and bachelorhood and that doesnt prevent me from giving flowers la.......free to go anywhere as I like......Nobody to buzz my ears except one....=)

And if you think girl pick man....haha....I pick alsola.....too many freaky ones available outside......haha =))

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jacob. Y
– Oh, of course! If guy give, I take lah! But in this case, I wanted to get myself flowers mah. And it's not like I don't do that. I do it quite often. Haha.

*blink blink*

Sound quite sad case, right? HAHA. Darn it.

Green is DelvC's colour ma. And purple is mine. Choose another!!!



ATTN: adrian
– Wah. So 'fa sam' wan ah? So you're a player now lah? Tsk tsk. Romancing any girl that strikes your fancy. PLAYA!

And no no. I didn't say that all girls are "normal". Plenty of freaks out there, too. You boys should watch out as well. Haha.

Anonymous said...

Huh! No..No...No...I dun play this kind of game. Never!

I want a 'Godly woman' and you think I can get one if I do that?! She must be strong and grounded on the BIBLE! Otherwise sorry la.....
Waitla till you see my woman.....haha =)

Pam Song said...

Waaa... Aiseh. See, THIS is the way you talk about your woman lah. Haih. Now only get to hear. Bravo. There's hope for you yet.

Anonymous said...

Babe.....

I believe any minute rage can be calm with flowers...I remembered how yours at my door made me smile again...after a long and frustrating day....

Love you.

Pam Song said...

Awww. Sho shweet!

Anonymous said...

Of coursela got hope one mah.....relationship that is build firmly upon the words of GOD will surely be eternal one.....Both of us shall find the joys of serving in the house of God! And I shall love her eternally....hehe =)

Want some evidence of that? Look at your grandpa & grandma....truly I admire the way they serve God! The icons of God's blessings!

Pam Song said...

You knew my grandpa?

Anonymous said...

Never had a chance to speak to him.....but knew that he was a well known figure in our church many years back! The whole congregations called him 'Papa Song' & your grandma 'Mama Song'...so now you know.....The power of two souls that are brought under the umbrella of God!

A Godly man whom is always accompanied by a Godly woman! See? The results? Marvelous isnt it?

Pam Song said...

Cheh. OF COURSE I knew. Like hello, they were my grandparents, okayyy. Did you attend their golden anniversary? That was a tear-jerking event, man. A lot of ppl cried. Haha. Big hoopla with the press and all summore.

JYJL said...

[TIME OUT]

NO MORE CHANGES!!

You simply follow meee!!

[OK RESUME YOUR TOPIC]

Anonymous said...

Aiseh....somebody is waving tail lor...hahaha =P

Nope I wasnt in Penang back then......in Uni I supposed.......

Whoa! Got press summore....Not bad huh! PFAOG got celebrities....haha =)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jacob. Y
– Check out the screaming and wailing of a spoilt brat.

Did you golek golek on the floor while you said it? =p


ATTN: adrian
– Oh I see I see. I think your mom would have known. It was back in the 1990s. Quite romantic, actually. They renewed their vows and swore to love each other till death to them part AGAIN. =)

My grandpop was dead gaya, man!

JYJL said...

Spoilt brat? Did I heard wrong? HAHAHA~! You're the First one calling me that. NEVER heard once. My life doesnt qualified to be called spoilt brat like many others la. I wont golek golek on the floor but I will pick your bones instead! ;p

Pam Song said...

Ahem ahem. In the words of Mr Jacob... And I quote: "You simply follow meee!!"

I wonder what that says.

*grin*

Post a Comment

Talk to me!