Friday, July 06, 2007

Let There Be Light

NOTE: This post has been backdated.
It was written last night... on board a bus.


-------------


Alright. Here we go again.


I'm back on the bus and headed for home. No scary Korean movies this time (Thank God for small mercies), but this particular Nice bus is a lousy one (comparatively). I thought they were doing better. Park May Berhad (the bus company), I mean. You know, with their promise of bus and service upgrades.


Pfft. Liars.


Looks like it's not ALL of their buses and definitely not all the time. Heck, I didn't even get a pretty 'stewardess' to serve me drinks. Got me a grumpy fart instead, who seemed to have forgotten how to smile. Of all the rotten luck.


Anyhew, my rant this time?
Lousy in-bus lighting.


Like hello, some of us read. Education breeds a whole new generation of literate individuals, if you didn't know. Maybe the Nice management could do with some of us on staff. Ugh. They turned off the lights a half hour into the journey. And darn it, I happened to land myself a seat with blown out above-the-head lights. I huffed in frustration. (I was in the middle of a really good article.) But then I noticed that the right half of the bus was still lighted. So unfair! Why not the left!?


I'd have kicked up a fuss and pulled a 'Donna' but a lad saved Nice's sorry arse. Thank goodness for kind strangers who offer to give up their 'lighted' seats in exchange for 'un-lighted' ones. You see, I borrowed a super gossip-filled magazine for the journey and I wasn't about to let good gossip go to waste. Hence, I took up the offer.


*giggle*

I sound like such a bimbo, don't I?

*giggles again*

Eh, I took up the offer rather apologetically, okayyy.
I know how to paiseh wan. Don't look me no up.

*grin*


So there I was with my goss mag. Catching up on the latest happenings in Hollywood (no news about Paris, though) and learning about the latest in plastic surgery and botox, when suddenly, ALL the remaining lights in the bus went off. Aaargh! Frus!


Thank goodness I had my beloved MacBook with me.
It's the reason you've got something to read right now.


p/s: I'm not a bimbo. Really. I don't qualify. You see, I'm not only into gossip. No, I'm versatile. (Pfft.) I'm into the more intellectual stuff as well. I brought this month's Reader's Digest along for the ride too. Just thought you should know. =)

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!