Monday, July 09, 2007

Isn't It Ironic?

Sometimes ironies in life make me laugh. Sometimes, they make me seethe inside. Sometimes they give me reason to curse the odds against me. Other times they just make me cry.


Well, this weekend, no thanks to Life who pulled a couple of quick ones on me, I got thrown into a series of ironic situations. First there was the whole wedding deal. I've been waiting for over a year to witness a wedding in my church (I've never had the chance) and of all times, family gets married in a totally different location on the very same day, at the same time.


And the other thing was...
...well, it was like this.


You see, I love it when it rains. And of late, it's been pretty dry in KL. No rain for months. Not even a drizzle. Till last weekend. Joy of joys, the rain clouds rolled in and it finally poured for three whole days. Whoopie! Bye-bye hazy skies, and bye-bye dusty mornings! It's time to move aside and make way for sunshine and blue skies.


Me being me, I danced and sang in the rain to my heart's content, letting the cool water wash over me and drench me to the bone. I shiver slightly but smile and giggle to myself, knowing full well that when rain comes, I'd be able to say 'hello' to beautiful sunshine and clear blue skies each time the morning makes its way around.


But then, just as seasons change with the passing of time, the rain clouds rolled back and headed for other lands, leaving me to endure the blistering heat in KL once again. Hot, hazy days returned. Why did it have to stop raining? Sigh. Just when I was getting used to the feeling of raindrops on my skin. Just when I was starting to like the way those raindrops look up close as they sit on my lashes. Just when I was starting to feel an incomprehensible affinity towards my umbrella. Sigh.


And then I heard the news. It was raining in Penang! I jumped for joy cos that was my destination after all. Such wonderful coincidence! So to Penang, I was headed. As soon as I hit the island, I rolled down the windows and took in a deep breath. Rain was coming. I knew it. I smelt it. And come, it did.


And then it stopped.


I wondered why. That was, till I read the morning paper. The wind carried my beloved rain clouds all the way down to KL! Noooo! Such rotten timing! Sniffle sniffle sigh. Irony isn't so great after all. In fact, based in the weekend I just had, it sucks.


And to show you how ironic life can get for me, it started raining in Penang just as the bus I was on hit the Penang bridge – a bus that was steadily headed South, towards KL, and away from Penang. It doesn't get any more ironic than this. No siree. =(


Ugh.


I hope the 'Rain Gods' feel bad about everything and make it up to me. I hope it rains soon where I'll be. Let thunder crash and lightning flash. It don't matter to me. As long as rain is pouring, I'll be happy as a bumblebee in Springtime. Rain, rain... come again.

2 comments :

Jono said...

Ure house so much mosquito la. haha...

Pam Song said...

Beggars can't be choosers.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!