Saturday, July 07, 2007

Wet And Warm To The Touch

Was at Madam Kwan's for dinner yesterday when I suddenly felt like I had some weird type of killer booger in my nose that just mysteriously started GROWING. And it was growing FAST.


I kid you not. It really was.
Or at least it felt that way.


I hurriedly grabbed a serviette and stuffed one end up my nose and my finger comfortably rested on pleasantly warm liquid. "Hmmm," I thought to myself. "I think I kinda like the way this booger feels. I wonder what it looks like. I should definitely check it out under good lighting." So, I pulled my digit outta my nostril... and gulped.


Blood. Shit.


I know the RC tells us that we should lean our heads forward and stuff it between our knees (or something like that) instead of leaning it backwards but I'd look ridiculous doing that in a restaurant so I did what I shouldn't instead. (Vanity, Vanity. You'll kill me someday.) But that didn't exactly feel right either. Ooo, the distinct taste of blood back-flowing up my nose and down my throat. Yuck.


So I did what I thought was best. I asked Water Girl for ice. She asked, "You want more water, miss?" and filled my glass up without bothering to wait for my reply.


Hmmm. Like she no get me liddat.


Ask again better or else wait long long sure still nothing come. And nose got blood come out so cannot wait. So this time play tactic. Open tissue that got blood wan and put on table so Water Girl can see. Uh oh, she see she sket. She sket, she run go take ice.


YES! Mission accomplished.

*grin*


While waiting for the ice to arrive, I caught sight of the service staff whispering among themselves. Looked like some kind of hush-hush emergency meeting being conducted. It was pretty funny. The girl with one finger and red-spotted tissue stuffed up her nose thought it was pretty funny, too. But on a whole, the service staff were really nice about everything. They brought me extra serviettes without me having to ask for them and the ice came pretty quickly.


You know, to think about it, I was very pleased with the service, actually. Very, very pleased. I'll definitely pay them another visit. Maybe a less bloody / messy one on a better day. Love their nasi lemak and strawberry flavoured water (their other drinks are ridiculously priced).


So, Madam Kwan's, Bangsar, you get both thumbs up for your superb service! Keep up the good work. I'll be back.


--------------


And since they say pictures speak a thousand words,
I shall let them do the rest of the talking.




Yes, it's blood. Call me gross or whatever else
you wanna call me. I don't care. It's MY blog.




My makeshift icepack. Made it myself.
Quite professionally done, don't ya think?




The leftovers after I successfully froze my nose over.


--------------


I know, I know. I captioned the pics so it kinda negates
the whole pictures-speak-a-thousand-words talk.
I can't help it. I'm into words. Dig 'em. Like, totally.

13 comments :

Anonymous said...

u need rest lah ..if not u get sick again.u got drink lots of water or not ? buy so many water bottle got use one kah ?

Pam Song said...

HAHA. Of COURSE got use lah the water bottles. =p

Yeah, I think it's cos I haven't had enough sleep lately. The rats make too much noise at night and I keep waking up. But I dun really feel heaty lor. But... dunno lah. Maybe just body tired.

Anonymous said...

Gosh! Control your body heatla dude...that could be due to not enough rest and heaty season....if you wanna get rid of the rats, buy the ultrasonic waves wall adapter to deter the rats.....

Pam Song said...

Yeah I looked for that but it's sold out everywhere. No kidding. EVERYWHERE. I went to so many places. None. Sigh.

I dun feel heaty leh. Dun feel like I'm getting sick. But tired lah.

Anonymous said...

u sleep late nights i assume or maybe too much coffe .. so most probably should be heatiness .. have some liong ca

Anonymous said...

eh are u sure its rats ah? yew!!! and this entry definitely got me going man... oh my gosh... yuck factor - 10!

God bless!

DelvC said...

poor thing ..haha !!drink more water ..and stay away from the sun.drink coconut.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: zecount
– Haha. Yeah. I have had some pretty late nights. Not really a coffee person. Tea for me, pls!

Leong cha have to go MidValley leh. Where got time to just go there and drink RM2 leong cha? So mafan. Haha.


ATTN: K.Lo
– Ya la. Rats lah. But what has rats gotta do with you getting grossed out with this entry? I didn't mention any rats also. You sket of rats wan ah? Haha. Or are do your knees get weak at the sight of blood? *grin*


ATTN: DelvC
– Coconut? Haha. Like you that day ah? Haha. Also mafan lah. I drink water got lah. That wan is sure got. Drink RO water. Healthier. =p

DelvC said...

or eat yogurt loh ..drink coconut ..im serious lah. Me in US now like always feels like nose bleeding ..i think weather dry and hot ..my skin like getting dry liao ...when autumn i think my skin like layu dy ..

Pam Song said...

Haha. Quite "ngoi leng" also huh you? Haha. Nevermind lah. Go get some super power moisturiser lah. It'll solve all your problems.

I think you get heaty there because of your diet. Do you eat a lot of beef?

Anonymous said...

aiyo ... mafan also have to get lah .. u wanna have another nose bleed session meh .. u have the cap ibu and anak mixture rite ? put hot water and add some in lah .. that also good for lowering heatiness

Anonymous said...

or better still .. buy the cap badak sumbu water .. that one also good for lowering heatiness ... just dun buy too much can dy .. the 6 bottle pack should be enough

Pam Song said...

Haha. No leh. But I dun feel heaty wor. But ya la. I think I'd rather drink the badak water than go buy all the other stuff. At least it tastes like water. And it doesn't give me any another problems. =)

I shall get that. It's getting expensive though. I also dunno how di. Need to find me a discount store.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!