Sunday, September 15, 2019

Testimony: Room Decor & Poncho Delivery, Straight From Heaven

I've kinda moved into a separate room in the house with its own ensuite bathroom for the duration of my chemo treatment for the safety of the kids and everyone else at home. (Apparently, the toxins leach from my body in various ways through body fluids, especially during the first 24-48 hours after.) 


The first few nights were lonely, I must admit. Quite natural considering I've not had a single night alone since the kids came along, I suppose. (I birthed cuddle monsters. 👩‍👦‍👦) But after awhile, I started to appreciate the quiet. I could blog in peace... Leave the lights on... Make as much noise as I wanted... Not have to use earphones... It wasn't all bad. 🙂


Still, a mom's a mom. When it came to the actual bedtime, I always felt like something was missing. No tiny, warm body with its limbs wrapped around me – something's wrong with this picture! So a day or two into this new sleeping arrangement, I put up some framed photos of me and the kids in an effort to feel less like an empty nester. That was all the decor there was. 


Until EJ's care-pack arrived last night.




Now my temporary room has decor! Wheee!

Now, about that poncho...




Every time I my eyes fall upon it, my heart warms, for I am reminded of just how much God cares for me, and how He's taking care of me. Here's why:


Over dinner, Melsong and I were just talking about what to wear during my next chemo session that's coming up. You see, it's pretty cold in the chemo department. And you kinda get colder when the treatment starts cos cold liquid is going through your veins. So, the last time I was there, she lent me her pashmina that happened to be with her. 


This time around, she thought I should wear a jacket siap siap before I start, to keep warm. Me, I thought I'd go with a pashmina again cos a jacket means I'll have to wear the jacket ALL THE TIME – even if it gets hot – because I'd have an IV line in my hand and I won't be able to remove my hand through my sleeve. 


Well, little did we know that while we were intensely discussing chemotherapy outfit options 💃 #priorities 😂, God had already provided me a poncho – the perfect keep-me-warm piece for one with an unusable hand – and it was right there sitting in a delivery box in the car, just waiting for me to open it up!! Coincidence?? I think not! 




So yes, every time I see that poncho, I am reminded:

------------------
Philippians 4:19
------------------
19 And my God shall supply all your need
according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
--------------------
Matthew 6:26-32
--------------------
26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[e]?
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.

I went to bed feeling happy and grateful for friends and for a God who supplies all my needs and knows what I want and need before I even ask it or know it myself. Then this morning, I realised...




The decor even matches the room!


Trivial? Not to me. #fussypot Another coincidence? No way. And if you were wondering, EJ wouldn't have known either. She's never seen this room. Heck, even I didn't realise the room was this white and lilac until now that I'm paying attention. ðŸ˜…


So, if something as simple as a warm poncho and some matching furniture, my God has already taken care of for me... would He not then take care of me? 🙆‍♀️

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!