Tuesday, April 01, 2008

That Feeling

You know how you sometimes naturally expect some people to react in certain ways to certain things you do or don't do? And you know how sometimes they just... well, don't react in the ways you thought they would?


Well, of late, it's been happening to me. A lot.


And it really sucks to be in this position and not be able to do anything about it or say anything so that the people involved can make it better. Because technically, nothing's 'wrong'. You know? But then again, just cos nothing's wrong doesn't mean that everything's right. Cos nothing's right either.


Sigh.


I know it all boils down to me having expectations. Having the wrong expectations, to be exact. And I really hate it when this happens. Cos at the end of the day, it's only me who gets disappointed. It's me who gets hurt. It's me who becomes increasingly jaded. And nobody knows it, but me.


I mean, it's not like the parties involved have let you down or anything cos... well, it's not like they promised to do what you thought they would do and then didn't. Right? But it still feels like a huge let down. In some odd, illogical, deranged way.


But I don't want to have expectations. And seriously, I think I'm one of those with very little expectations – of myself and of others. I'm not kidding. I'm the kind of person who'd like to be offered more than she's being offered but on the inside, she doesn't expect that it'll happen. (That's the jaded part of me talking.) I'm that way.


BUT, I still end up getting disappointed.


So does that mean that I'm still expecting too much although I'm not expecting much? Should I beat myself over everything that's happened (or has not happened)? Should I forgo my happiness and be even less contented than I want to be even without expecting much?


What now?

17 comments :

luxen said...

Buddha says, we are unhappy because we want things. We crave for attention, support and love. When we don't get it, we are unhappy.

Want less, be happy.

Nikkiko said...

oh well.

it's a pain when things don't turn out the way we want 'em to.

it's a chore to think too much about it ;)

relax relax. peace.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: luxen
– Pam Song says she is unhappy because she expects too much even though she thought she wasn't expecting much at all. And when her expectations aren't met, she's unhappy.

Expect even lesser, be happier.

Woo sah.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Nikkiko
– Can't help thinking about it lah. Sigh. I need to go sing song. Cheer myself up. Ugh.

sheon said...

pam....:) *pats on your back*....... life sucks...

Anonymous said...

Extension to luxen's comment.
Want nothing, be euphoric
Heee~~~

infinitium said...

I think it's natural to have expectations (everyone does)... the challenge would be to find middle ground between your expectations of someone and what's actually realistic.

I've got pretty high expectations of ppl (and myself.. bad habit).. so completely understand how you feel. Am learning to lower my expectations and just enjoy the ride....

... helps extends my life-span too.

*pats head*
:)
J

Pam Song said...

ATTN: sheon
– Haha. How was that supposed to be comforting???


ATTN: 3POINT8
– Euphoric? Got so nice or not?


ATTN: infinitium
– Hmmm. Problem is that I don't think that my expectations are exceptionally high. So... either I still have to lower them till I reach zero, or... other people need to change.

I want longer life, too. I think I'm aging with all this thinking. =(

sheon said...

it's not....it's just telling you... life sux...you gotta be stronger to overcome all your fears.....

Nikkiko said...

I'd say music and chocolates are human's best friends =X

indeed we girls do tend to think too much. i can even go think too much about why i think too much.

it's been a, both good, and bad habit for me.

oh and, hee, karaoke even better ;D

Anonymous said...

Go hug some babies....you will be Ok by then....=) Cheer up lol!

Simon Seow said...

@_@

Pam Song said...

ATTN: sheon
– Haha. Maybe. Maybe.


ATTN: Nikkiko
– Ooo, music is a definite. Chocolates... Hmmm. Can lah. Ice cream would be nice, too. =p

Ya, man! I also think about why I think so much or wonder if I'm thinking more than I should. Ish. What a waste of brain space. -_-

SING SONG!!!


ATTN: Adrian Lim
– Not on duty this weekend lah. =(


ATTN: Simon Seow
– Yen na dei?

Anonymous said...

Can still go and mingle around with the Sunday's school kids mah.....

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Adrian Lim
– Excuse me, I dun jaga sunday school. I jaga nursery. Haha. Under 2 years of age only, thank you.

Anonymous said...

Haha...you just sounded like "lai-mah (cantonese)" to me....Mwahahahaha! =P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Adrian Lim
– Haha. Sometimes I feel like that lor. Haha. But it's very rewarding lah. The whole experience is good for the soul.

Plus, it's good training!!!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!