Friday, June 03, 2011

Call Me "Job"

Last year, I left a job I loved, left a company I missed, and left a city I could never forget. In the process, I also lost some friends, frequently missed some others, and through it all, never forgot the great times we've shared. I gave up food I enjoyed, places I still miss and faces I somehow fail to forget.


And I thought that that was it for me. Enough loss. Enough suffering. Enough sacrifice. I thought that by doing all that, I had done my part; I had done enough. Given up enough. Lost enough. Hurt enough. 


But it looks like Life has crueller plans for me.


For now, even the only part of me that has kept me linked, synced and connected to all the people, places and memories I've been made to give up, miss and forget... has also been taken away from me. Only now do I realise that this? This is loss. This is suffering. This is sacrifice. See, this is what it means to lose something you'll miss, and never live to forget it.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!