Monday, June 20, 2011

Always Hungry

In recent weeks, I've grown to become ridiculously hungry ridiculously quickly. I'm hungry all the time! Like, I'd have a late breakfast and waaay before lunch, I'm hungry. Then I would go out for lunch, eat my fill, and by the time I get back to the office, I'm hungry again. It's crazy!


Some colleagues think it's a blessing. Others think it's just mad to be hungry all the time. Mee? She thinks I've got worms. And today, the doctor officially diagnosed me with stomach issues. @_@ Whoaaa... I never would have guessed that I had stomach problems. I mean, I don't have lausai issues, nor do I not have an appetite. But it looks like constipation (TMI?) and too much of an appetite can be a problem, too!


Woke up feeling dizzy but went for breakfast anyways. Doc's office was full so Dee and I went home after taking a number. (The man's got eye issues, by the way. +_=) I took a cat nap and woke up a half hour later with a bad headache. Had lunch and went back to the doc's office for our appointment.


Finally went in to his office after a 15-minute wait in the hallway. Sat down and told the doc about my dizzy spell and surprisingly, he asked if I had a headache. So I told him I did and pointed out where it hurt. (Left-back of the head, if you must know.) He nudged the point and said that usually implies a tension headache. (Ahh, makes sense. Lots of pre-wedding tension in the air right now. He must be right.) Then he took my blood pressure and said that my BP was low. 


Next, he asked me a really odd question: "Do you feel nauseous?" Hmmm... I never mentioned anything about nausea but I did start feeling a little nauseous after lunch. So I told him, "Yes. But just a little. Oh, and I'm hungry now. Even though I just had lunch. I'm always hungry." And that's when he told me to hop onto the examination bed for a prod. Also very odd considering I came in for a solution to my dizzy spell.


The doc pressed my tummy here, pressed my tummy there and asked if I felt any discomfort. So I asked him balik, "What kind of discomfort should I be looking out for? Cos if you're talking about pain, there's none." Then he told me to tell him if any place just didn't feel "right" when he applied pressure. So I told him, "Urm... when you push here *points to left side of body* I feel hungry here." *points to middle of tummy*


And that's when I heard Dee snicker. -_-''' 

See, this is why you should always go to see the doc alone.
You don't get jeered or laughed at by other people.

*grunt*


Anyway, the doc finally concluded that I've got some stomach problems. So I left with painkillers for the head, and a whole bunch of other stuff for my tummy.


2 comments :

Clark said...

well my housemate is always hungry... coz she's prego! :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Clark
– Hahahaha. Well, I'm definitely not preggers so... we're different! =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!