Thursday, April 17, 2008

WORKSUCKS!

Okay lah, okay. I'm not being very nice. My apologies. I just had a lousy day at work... despite it being my 1-year work-life anniversary. Ugh, can you believe it? ONE year. 12 months. 52 weeks. 365 days. Ugh, I say again. Has it really been a year, already? Wow. Time sure does fly when your age starts beginning with the number 2.


Sigh.


I feel like I'm getting too old for all this lah, you know? The late nights at work, the long hours staring at my comp, the ridiculously endless discussions and brainstorm sessions. Argh, I just feel greatly overwhelmed by everything I'm handling at the moment. And sure, I know I'm not exactly the most overworked person in the company but... different people have different limits. And it feels like I'm closing in on the edge.


I've got this love-hate thingy going on right now. I mean, don't get me wrong. I love doing what I do. And I love the fact that I'm doing it where I'm doing it. But... I hate the crazy deadlines, I hate the lousy JRs I'm made to dissect, and I hate the fact that I'm constantly facing a lack of time, sleep and rest. (Did I mention I'm getting old???)


I guess what I need right now, is a break. A good, long, relaxing holiday. One where I can do nothing, think of nothing, and just rot my days away. I need some time off from all this. To think of anything other than deadlines, exciting body copy, and smart sounding headlines. I need to get out of this environment for awhile. Breathe a little. Live a little.


I want to have some sort of a life. You know? Cos it's been awhile since I've had the chance to do anything I wanted to do. Like read fiction. Or listen to jazz in the darkness. Or window shop. Or just sit down and watch the stars as they twinkle. It's been awhile. And I miss all that. And I also want all that back. I want my life back.


So, yeah.

Here's to the 16th of April.
Here's to me and my career.
And here's to another year.

15 comments :

sheon said...

hey...better days ahead!!! :) cheers! i just celebrated my 1yr anniversary with my comp, that is a day after my birthday....i had the whole nuffnang community celebrate with me..coz it was the nuffnang pajama party!!! yay!

yapthomas said...

just like how i would sum it up!

I love my job, I hate my workload...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: sheon
– Haha. Wow. Big party summore. Not bad. Here... I didn't even get a slice of cake. Haha.


ATTN: yapthomas
– I think this love-hate relationship thingy is quite common lah. Sad but true. =(

Linora 'Aronil' Low said...

It's ok babes, you could be getting older but at least you're not sick :P hope to see u tomorrow and don't forget!!

joshuaongys said...

hahahha nvm... we help u throw away the hate part of your "relationship" this sunday!! to the movieS!!

Anonymous said...

Haiyo, just work for a year only already said that....you still have lengthy of years ahead to go through ler....

On a serious note....The key to enjoy the work that you are in is find the balance (work life) in it....

A job that is without WORK-LIFE balance is definately sucks! Select wisely...=)

carolyn said...

hi pam.

im a silent reader of yours, and thought i would like to drop by and say that, i understand what you are going through. because, im in the same situation, and the same industry, and the thing among creatives...we do work like theres no end....

the love for creative~ sigh~

infinitium said...

hang in there. think of the sun setting on the horizon view you get when going home... happy thoughts! happy thoughts!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Aronil
– I think I'm getting sick. What with the late nights and all. -_-

p/s: I really hope I don't forget.


ATTN: joshuaongys
– Haha. Better make me happy happy, man. I'm no fun to be around when I'm all doom and gloom. =p


ATTN: Adrian Lim
– You don't know what it's like lor. Seriously. And it's not that easy finding work-life balance when it comes to my job. Can lah. But... not easy.


ATTN: carolyn
– Hi Carolyn,

Nice knowing that I have readers who care enough to share a thought when things aren't going too well for me, deadline-wise. =)

And yeah. Creativity kills. But we love dying. =p

And then bloggers like me moan and groan about it. Haha.


ATTN: infinitium
– Cheh. Where can go home in time to see the sunset? Rare lor. VERY rare. =_=

Simon Seow said...

Let's toast on it.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Simon Seow
– Haha. Cheers.

Anonymous said...

Its hard....But doesnt mean that it is impossible. There is always a season for everything.

Creativity comes when the body permits and the mind is willing.
Stretching yourself too much will eventually make you sick and unproductive. And working up the career ladders will be even harder if we do not know how to prioritize.......=)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Adrian Lim
– Now body tak jalan already and mind also brain dead already. So how? So MUST STOP!

Anonymous said...

Time to go to sleep lor and get refresh! Go see movies......& pamper your 5 senses...Itu macamla barulah life have meanings! Enjoy...=)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Adrian Lim
– I did! I did!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!