Friday, July 27, 2007

What's In A Relationship?

Well, let's start with the basic equation.

Boy + Girl = In A Relationship

Hmmm. I'm not sure it's actually that simple
but I guess it's a pretty good place to start.


A relationship is about finding joy in the presence of the other. About being able to have a little fun with each other. Poke fun at each other. Laugh at each other. And, more importantly, laugh with each other. Couples often get off to a pleasingly ascending giggling start but how many can actually testify to staying that way forever and ever till death do them part? Not many. But hey, if we're going to share the tears, we might as well double the laughter, too, while we're at it, right?


To me, it goes beyond just pretending to be perfect in the presence of the other. Cos we're not. Heck, we know we're not, don't we? And... well, I should give you the heads-up. Psst... they know it, too. But that isn't a problem, is it? Not being perfect, I mean. No, it's not supposed to be - not when it's REAL love. Because when it's real, we can always be assured that they know we're not perfect but they also think that it's okay that we're not, too.


Plus, a relationship is about being comfortable with each other. Comfortable enough to be vulnerable and not feel the slightest bit so. It's about letting loose without ending up losing yourself in the process. It's not easy being vulnerable, though. It takes courage on your part, and all the love in the world on your partner's part. If one party fails to act on their part, everything goes southwards. Heh. Looks like two-to-tango just swung by to nip us in the butt.


*giggle*


You know what, I'm not exactly thinking straight right now, what with my rather sleepless night. Plus, it doesn't help that I've got so many Dr Love-sounding stuff running through my head this very instance that I'm actually having a really hard time picking out anything substantial anymore. Maybe I should go head-on and challenge Dear Thelma with a Dear Tinki section right here. Give myself a chance to pretend that I actually know something about love and its many rollercoaster-styled ups and downs.


*snicker*

Argh, but then again, what do I know.
Forget I even said anything.

I'm gonna get back to work. Till later, ciaos.

7 comments :

Anonymous said...

Boy + Girl = Baby la! Mwhahahaha =)))

Anonymous said...

Boy + Girl = does not work if below 18 (can i get conformation on this?)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: adrian
- Eeyer! You dun have to add that way wat! Terrible lah you. Complicate my equation only. Tsk tsk.


ATTN: sphyrez
- Hmmm. I wouldn't put it that way, actually. It's more like:

Boy + Girl = Does not work if MATURITY and MENTALITY is below 18.

=)

It really depends on the individuals involved wan lah. But generally, yeah. It rarely lasts. Cos there are still so many changes that both 18-year-olds will go through. College, uni, then to the working world. And don't forget, every change you go through, there will be new people you will meet. You'll grow. What if both of you grow at different paces? It's not easy.

Usually, they say that dating below the age of 18 isn't wise... and actually, I agree. Cos there are so many possible factors and variables that can negatively affect the relationship and its dynamics.

Anonymous said...

okay..okay...Here are the formulas:

Boy + Girl = In a relationship (first level)

Boy + Girl = Getting married (2nd Level)

Boy + Girl = Baby (3rd Level).

The final outcome is still the same.....See? Hahaha =)

Pam Song said...

Chei! Then you jumping the gun!

Anonymous said...

Hey babe,

I reckon what you said is true,and I also believe that more often that not when people are in the presence of others, they are afraid of being who they are, although there is nothing wrong with it, something that I can never fully comprehend.

Pam Song said...

Hey ya babe,

Well, sometimes, some people take longer to break out of their shell, I guess. It's cos of their insecurities usually. But then again, that's what we both already knew from the start (MY start actually), didn't we?

*grin*

Post a Comment

Talk to me!