Saturday, November 21, 2009

Turning 25

So 25's not as big a deal
as I thought it would be.

Hmmm.


In fact, I spent The Crossover doing and feeling nothing out of the ordinary. No extra grey hairs or wrinkles; no big bang or fireworks. No spotlights from heaven nor orchestral music from out of nowhere either. Quite the contrary, actually. I suddenly started feeling so overwhelmed by the demands placed upon me of late.


Sigh.

So... yeah.

There's really nothing to shout about.
No sentiments de splendeur – nada.


Lots to moan and groan about when I look toward my first day being 25 though. But it's not like it's stuff I can really share here cos it's a touchy sub and too many of the people within the community concerned read this space. Sigh. Sorry, guys. Gotta do the mature thing and stay vague while dealing with my gripes on my own.


Ugh.

Growing old really stinks, don't it?


Makes me wonder what the hype was about now. Argh, maybe this is just me feeling the effects of Quarter Life Crisis. The one that gets every 25-year-old feeling like they're past the fence, over the hill... and there's nothing to get excited about anymore.


Sigh.

Kinda sucks just thinking about it.
Guess it's downhill from here on out.

T_T

But hey, at least I've got people who cared enough
to try to make the passing of time easier on the emotion.

=)


I played Guest of Honour at a mini celebration earlier in the day at Decanter Seksyen 17, courtesy of the guys (and girl) from The Office – when I was still 24! (Pictures soon, ok?) Had people leave me birthday wishes on my FB wall, in FB messages, via email and through Gtalk throughout the day. Got a delivery of bears in a bouquet along with some chocolates. Received a number of calls past midnight from within the state, some from within the country and even one from abroad. (Awww.) And more than a few SMSes that kept my phone busy till up to about a 5 minutes ago. =)


-------------

Thank you, guys.

I'm touched by the fact that you remembered today
and bothered enough to let me know you did. =)

XOXO,
The 25-year-old

-------------


Wowwie. Look at the time. It's 3AM already!
Ok lah. Old people need to sleep. G'night, y'all.


p/s: The funny thing was the SMSes and FB wall posts was that they actually began coming in a whole 2 days before my birthday. Haha. Tsk tsk. So semangat to see me get old, all these people. Oi! I was still 24 then lah! Why you all make me feel old before I really am wan??? =p

5 comments :

Whaley Bear said...

Babe,

It's wonderful turning 24 plus another year added to it! Have a happy ha-ha day with people whom you love. And remember, only great things can happen for you from this moment forth! So celebrate in style, alright. I wuv you.


=)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Whaley Bear
– Aww, thanks babe. I sure hope great things come my way. And soon, too. =p

As for that stylish celebration... Haha. Sure. Tmr night after The Man speaks? What say you? I could do with a happy ha-ha time with you – someone I love. =)

Jeffro said...

Eh... 25 ar? i tot u turn 21 only.. =P
aiseh.. sorry ar.. wanted to send flowers and stuffs, but dun hv ur address also... paiseh paiseh... xD

test said...

I also wan to send in flower and chocolates but dunno where u live too...

tsh said...

Happy birthday pamsong!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!