Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Inspirational Quotes Are Good For The Soul... But Not For The Mind?

Was googling some lines for inspiration earlier today when I stumbled upon this age-old, usually-fail-proof, normally-uber-inspiring one I've read oh-so-many times before.

"Dance as though no one is watching you. Love as though you have never been hurt before. Sing as though no one can hear you. Live as though heaven is on earth."

I've always liked this quote. It gives me a good feeling. The words always seemed so liberating to me. Like it releases you from whatever that's holding you back – untamed pride, paralysing fear, overwhelming sadness – whatever it may be that's stopping you from experiencing the best that Life has to offer, it takes away.


But today... it didn't get me dancing, jumping or singing unabashedly. Instead, it got me thinking. But think, long and hard as I may upon the question that popped into my mind, the answers never came. All I heard running in my head was the one line that didn't sit comfortably on the bars that played the tune in my heart:


"Love as though you have never been hurt before."


-----------


Dear Quote Writer,

Your quote's inspiring and all but... I have a question: How do you do that; how do you love as though you've never been hurt before?

Thoughtful,
Pam Song

6 comments :

TMBF said...

I am not Quote Writer, but I can offer this answer:

You remind yourself that the rewards are worth the price.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: TMBF
– You know what... that makes sense. A lot of sense. Thank you. I think I shall keep that in mind. =)

TMBF said...

You're welcome. Hope it helps your chess game. :)

Jeffro said...

simple.. when the right love's in place, you'll simply give everything you can.. even being as rational as you are, you would tend to do crazy stuffs... There's no how to love... there's when and how much you'd be able to love... =)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: TMBF
– Haha. I'd like to stop playing, actually. =p


ATTN: Jeffro
– Haha. For something you say is simple... that all sounds really really complicated! =p

Jeffro said...

hahahaha.. dang.. i need to work on the constructing of sentences.. =P

Well, same thing, you'll only know when it comes. All thoughts and opinions on it, can only be known when one is in the situation itself. No point thinking too much of what's to be. Rather, make full use and enjoy the fullest of what there is now. =) No one else can teach us how to love anyone, but ourselves...

Post a Comment

Talk to me!