Tuesday, August 11, 2009

When Life Gives You Lemons...

Grabbed this one off Tim Tam's Twitter.




WRITER: Erik Proulx • DIRECTOR: Marc Colucci • DIRECTORS OF PHOTOGRAPHY: Peter Nelson, Will van Hazel, Todd Heater, Neal Morrell, Mark Harmel • PRODUCTION COMPANY: Picture Park • EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS: Jennifer McKenzie, Erik Proulx • PRODUCERS: Carrie Jacobson, Scott Burtnett • POST PRODUCTION: Finish/Boston • EDITOR: Pete Warren • SOUND POST PRODUCTION: Soundtrack/Boston • MIXER: Brian Heidebrecht • MUSIC: Caspian [Source]


I like it. A lot. Because it's real. It's honest. It speaks of the reality of what people in Advertising go through... and what they don't.


Like spending time with kids. Planning their daughter's wedding. Or even taking their hobbies and interests a little more seriously. But then, it isn't always about the big stuff. It's also the little, seemingly insignificant things. Like having three meals a day. At hours that regular people eat at. Or going home before midnight. And getting 8 hours of sleep a day.


The way the industry eats at our time and chips off blocks of our personal lives, it's really no wonder that we begin to realise that we're missing out on things. We're missing out on Life. On the important parts of our lives. The parts that really matter. So this... this makes me think. About where I am, where think I want to be and where I know I don't want to be.


"I got laid off... and I'm finally
doing something that I think matters."

Kurtis Glade, Documentary Filmmaker


Maybe what I need is some lemonade in life.
Maybe then will I get to enjoy Life's sweetness.

7 comments :

JYJL said...

me like it a lot too.. very well put together.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: JYJL
– I really can't wait for the movie to come out. Maybe I'll be inspired. Haha.

jack said...

the world got us all chasing success.. deep inside its happiness we're truly searching for..

lets quit our job and go sell popiah.. (^^)

estherlauderlyn said...

hulllo! hee hee. lets watch UP? :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jack
– I want sell char koay teow can?


ATTN: estherlauderlyn
– You didn't watch UP with me. T_T

jack said...

anything u want my dear.. as long as ur happy.. :p

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jack
– Ya. Happiness not easy to find these days. Even Contentment's always hiding away from prying eyes.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!