Sunday, August 30, 2009

I Think I Just Solved The Mystery!

Oh em gee, I think I just figured out
the answer to the mystery.

(This is in reference to Lipstick Jungle, by the way.)

Ok. Brief run-through of what
Lipstick Jungle is all about so those of you
who haven't watched it don't get lost.
(SEE HOW CONSIDERATE I AM???)


Lipstick Jungle revolves around the lives of three women. Of the three, one's a fashion designer named Victory Ford. She used to be a big name in the fashion scene but after a few bad designs (according to the fictional press in the sitcom), her good fortune kinda fizzled out. She fired 15 employees, got screwed over by the one-and-only she retained, then resorted to work herself to death in her own kitchen with a new assistant as her Robin. The only thing working out for her is her relationship with Mr Billionaire Boyfriend, Joe.


Nothing interesting as yet. But wait.
Here's where the story gets interesting.


Some old dude she meets at a party named Mr Contero suddenly says he's interested in investing in her. He pays the bills with no questions asked. Is only interested in WHO he's investing in, and not WHAT – he's not interested in her sketches or which designs she's planning to produce. He just keeps them cheques coming and they never bounce. Her assistant thinks she's hit the jackpot where it comes to Fairy Godfathers but she seems disturbed by his unfaltering support and is growing increasingly curious of his source of income.


Here's where I play CSI and solve the mystery.


I think Mr Contero is a sham. Why? Cos he's just a puppet. For who? Mr Billionaire Boyfriend, Joe! You see, Victory would never have asked for his help nor accepted any such gesture in any other case if it came from him. And of all the people she knows – her BFFs included – Joe was the only one who told her that Contero checks out. That aside, come on lah. Which venture capitalist wouldn't want to know exactly what he's investing in? None, I can tell you that! Of course you'd wanna know where your money's going if you're going to throw a big chunk of it at a once-was big time fashion designer.


Am I brilliant or am I brilliant, I ask you???


Haha. But then again, maybe I'm just reading too much into everything and thinking too hard about trying to make the pieces fit. If I'm wrong, my defence is that, hey, I'm a girl! And us, girls, we dream up stories and create fiction in our heads then think that they're fact just because. But whatever the case, I think I'm right. I don't know if I am for sure yet, but I've just got a feeling that Joe's behind all this. IF you already know how this works out, DON'T TELL ME. I don't wanna know. Let ME tell YOU if I'm right once I get to the reveal. I'M NOT KIDDING! Keep your spoilers to yourself. >(


Ok. I'm done. Am going to go back
to watching Lipstick Jungle now.

See?

Who says hanging out laundry my laundry
to dry at 3:33AM isn't a good thing? =)


p/s: I'm only at 15:54 on Episode 6 of Season 1, by the way, so don't go revealing stuff to me. Again, I cannot possibly stress enough that I DON'T WANT TO KNOW. Don't ruin it for me. It could get ugly. Thank you for your kind cooperation.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!