Saturday, August 22, 2009

Project 365: 21/08/2009 [The Tilt]

During my younger days – 2000/2001 can consider quite long ago lah – I somehow got involved in a Five Arts Centre musical called "Red and Gold Shoe". (Last time can act/sing/dance lah. Now, old then karat already. T_T Semua tak boleh pakai.)


I remember the practices being gruelling. Fanatical, even. (Thank you, Aida Redza – dance coordinator and choreographer of "Red and Gold Shoe". You are without a doubt my favourite choreographer of all time to work with and train under. I know now that whatever other choreographers throw at me, I can do... and I won't die doing it. =p)


Throughout my 2000 year-end holiday and on weekends during the school term, practices ran from 9AM to 5PM with only an hour-long lunch break in between. Warm-ups were an hour or two long. Revisions – retracing yesterday's steps for the sake of greater recall – took another hour or two, then we'd break for lunch.


Upon returning to the studio after grabbing a quick bite (and chilling a little by the sea), we'd go into choreography, experimental dance and some weird, foreign, funky form of training (nothing resembling the classical ballet training I was used to) that would improve our techniques as contemporary dancers. And give us the courage we needed to pull off the stunts that were required of us.


It took guts for all of that, I tell ya. We'd roll all over the floor, step over each other, throw each other around, carry each other, flip/push/manhandle/swing each other like our lives depended on it – it was nuts! Very dangerous, too! (Hurt my back in a freak accident and never really healed completely. -_-) But lots of fun. =p I loved every minute of it though I always went home looking like a vagabond. My laundry then was my mom's nightmare. HAHA. Everything was always black and dirty. Haha.


Anyhoo, I digress.


We practiced for a whole quarter. Tickets were sold out and we ended up having to do a couple of extra shows to cater to the crowd. (Surprising and thrilling at the same time.) Thing is, after our finale night performance, the Production Director, Janet Pillai, gave us all farewell cards. Mine said, "I'll always remember you. The *censored* girl with the permanent tilt." Haha. She was the first one to notice and tell me about it.


So, yeah... I've been told I have a natural tilt. (I finally got to the point of my story! Wheee!) I talk with my head senget, I take pictures with my head senget, and I laugh with my head senget. Dunno why also. Maybe I got lazy neck. Haha.


Anyhoo, this is my attempt at reversing the tilt.




I think a bit tak jadi. My neck looks like it's going to break and my head appears detached from my body. -_-' Fail. Wait. Maybe in normal colours it will look better. Hmmm...




Nope, still fail, still cacat.

Maybe that natural tilt is nature's way
of helping me look un-spastic. Better dun mess.

Haha.


EDIT at 3:58AM on 22 August 2009: Eh, maybe the tilt is because of my left parting! More hair on my right so it's heavier on that side? Or maybe it's cos my would-be fringe falls to my right so I tilt my head that way to keep my hair out of my eyes and face. Hmmm. Possible. Highly possible...

2 comments :

test said...

Have same problem bef as kid . The Doc fixed the problem by wearing a collar thingy for whole week!

Jeffro said...

LOL.. close to 4am and you're still on it? i tot someone was sleepy and went to slumber.. but that SOMEONE was still up editing post.. LOL

i think the tilt's partially due to the lack of sleep.. your head (subconsciously) is yearning for a nice pillow.. :P

Post a Comment

Talk to me!